Fancy goldfish not active staying top corner of tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by karlookarl, Jul 5, 2016.

1. karlookarlNew MemberMember

i have had my fancy goldfish for a month now and this 7 days he/she has been staying at the top right corner (he/she is facing the back of the tank all i see is his/her tail) of my tank. it cant be lack of oxygen cause i have a 12 inch bubble wall in the tank and there is enough water movement from the HOB filter, also checked my parameters ammonia is 0 Nitrate is 0 Nitrite 0 PH is 7. I see him going to the bottom to get the some pellets but only when no one is looking and when no one is near the tank. its like he is afraid of people or something but he wasn't like that for the first few weeks a got him/her. help. how can i get him/.her active again. also been using stress zyme and stress coat and just bought yesterday aquarium salt. i read that it helps for stress and i do 40 to 50 percent water changes twice a week on Wednesday and Sunday evening. i have a 29 gallon tank

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Are there any other fish in the tank?

What's the temp of the tank?

3. OP
    OP
    k

karlookarlNew MemberMember

No just 1 fancy. Temp is 75

4. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

Do you have a heater? That's a little hot for a goldfish, I'd lower it down to 70.

5. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Can you include a pic of your setup?

Do you know about the nitrogen cycle? Your tank isn't cycled with 0 nitrates.

6. OP
    OP
    k

Got this from petsmart image

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  7. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

Do you have your own test kit? What test kit did they use?

8. OP
    OP
    k

I just have test strips. I checked just now and it's ph 7 nitrite 0 nitrate 20 hardness 180. Not sure what they used cause I just I roamed the store while they were doing it

9. Mothercrow

MothercrowWell Known MemberMember

The test strips can be inaccurate. Many outside factors can affect them, such as age and moisture in the air. In addition, they don't usually include a test for ammonia.

10. Machine11Well Known MemberMember

He could be lonely. Goldfish are social fish

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice