"Fancy crab" question

nini k

I brought some fancy crabs how do you take care of them do they have too be by them self or can they be with other fish please please help me

Deavister

I kinda live by the rule "nothing with claws goes in with my fishes". As far as taking care of them...hopefully someone who knows better will come along.

Good luck

sirdarksol

Do you know what species of crab they are?
If not, can you get a picture of them?

LyndaB

I've only seen hermit crabs referred to as "fancy" crabs. I don't have any experience with them, so cannot guide you.

D_C_1

They will need access to land. You shouldn't really have bought them if you know nothing about them.

sirdarksol

They will need access to land. You shouldn't really have bought them if you know nothing about them.

While this is not untrue, there are more tactful ways to say it.
Yes, it is never a good idea to purchase livestock without knowing anything about it. However, this is something that almost all of us have done at one point or another. I once bought a koi to put in a 20 gallon tropical community.

Going with the presumption that this is a hermit crab, we still need to know what kind of hermit crab. In the aquarium hobby, there are hermit crabs that are primarily terrestrial, and there are hermit crabs that are aquatic (marine). The two types have very different needs.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
ButtercuptheOranda
Replies
Views
Marlene327
  • Question
Replies