Fan For Axolotl

Les Miz <3
Can anyone recommend a fan setup to keep an axolotl tank cool? (18degreesC) I live in England so the weather is usually unpredictable. The tap water is very very cold but could get too hot for an axolotl in the tank during summer. Any advice appreciated
Thanks

Advertisement
Mary765
Hopped on this thread to try and help but I'm afraid I don't really understand the question

Just wanted to say that I too love Les Miserables (if that is what your user name is lol)

Advertisement
Les Miz <3
Yay Les Miserables

Mary765
Yay Les Miserables

Oh good!!! I was so worried for a minute that Les Miz was somehow your name and not the common abbreviation

SecretiveFish
At best, the fans I have used cools the tanks 2-4 degrees F.

I had to get a chiller for one tank that is in a way too warm room in the summer (room easily gets in the 80 degree F range).

Another tank I have is in a bedroom with a portable A/C unit. I have a clip on fan pointing at the water surface too,but on really hot days I have had to float a frozen 2-liter to cool the tank a couple more degrees.

ETA: I have one of these on three of my axolotl tanks. Unfortunately they do not clip onto the side of the tank and have had to get creative as far as mounting goes:

The worst part of this fan is the 'clips' that supposedly attach to the side of an aquarium. They do not fit on ANY tank that has a rim; that will only work on rimless tanks. Mine started making strange noises less than 1 year in too.

Kellye8498
I use a USB computer fan plugged into a phone charger and plugged into the wall. It is positioned over the outflow of my filter so it cools the water as it is released into the tank. I get a 9° cooling difference this way.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PurpleKat
Replies
Views
SecretiveFish
Replies
Views
SecretiveFish
  • Question
Replies