False Julii or C.102?

harleygrooo

Went to my local aquarium to look to see if they had any Electric Blue Rams(The male passed away sadly, was a rescue so didn’t know it’s age). And came out with these “Sterbai” Corydoras, which I’m certain aren’t Sterbai but either C.102’s again or False Julii’s.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
I can take better pictures soon, I also noticed all 3 have different Dorsal fin markings! I think the middle one is something else.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 8

DoubleDutch

C.sodalis to me

harleygrooo

Update! (One of my plants brownef sadly! Hopefully it’ll start up again)

image.jpg
image.jpg

DoubleDutch

Yep C.sodalis

harleygrooo

Yep C.sodalis
Ohh! I was wondering if they were those! On there shipment list they had C.Tris(12 count) Sterbai(which I went in to look for more as no luck in any other store), and C.102(Local breed). I’m guessing they must of made a mistake! Would they be ok with my C.102? They got 9 more and I got another 36 gallon comin haha!

DoubleDutch

Ohh! I was wondering if they were those! On there shipment list they had C.Tris(12 count) Sterbai(which I went in to look for more as no luck in any other store), and C.102(Local breed). I’m guessing they must of made a mistake! Would they be ok with my C.102? They got 9 more and I got another 36 gallon comin haha!
As far as I know C102 are hardly tankbred. These C.sodalis will defintely be wild caughts.

harleygrooo

As far as I know C102 are hardly tankbred. These C.sodalis will defintely be wild caughts.
Yup! On the shipment list(idk what else to call it) it said Wild Caught for the Sterbai, could it be possible they confused the Sterbai and Sodalis? And yeah, I read about that so I’m guessing it was probably a mistype or just too lazy to fix it haha! The Albinos said wild caught so maybe they just mixed up the Corydoras on the list?

DoubleDutch

Hahahaha yep. Albinos (more than one) are NEVER wildcaught so there must be a mix.

harleygrooo

Hahahaha yep. Albinos (more than one) are NEVER wildcaught so there must be a mix.
Wouldn’t surprise me! The aquarium I go to is known to have quite a few issues haha! I’ve had my C.102 for I think 3 years now(Which you happened to identify too! Thank you!) and they never once had shown signs of breeding yet, even tho it seems it’s 4 females and two males. Will they be okay with the 3 new Sodalis? I don’t mind getting more of them. If they survive…Half of the poor albinos were dead and started to get a little too fuzzy to my concerns. And yeah! I remember you telling me that Sterbai and Bronzes are the most common Albinos, mind are bronzes I believe.

DoubleDutch

Wouldn’t surprise me! The aquarium I go to is known to have quite a few issues haha! I’ve had my C.102 for I think 3 years now(Which you happened to identify too! Thank you!) and they never once had shown signs of breeding yet, even tho it seems it’s 4 females and two males. Will they be okay with the 3 new Sodalis? I don’t mind getting more of them. If they survive…Half of the poor albinos were dead and started to get a little too fuzzy to my concerns. And yeah! I remember you telling me that Sterbai and Bronzes are the most common Albinos, mind are bronzes I believe.
Ahhhh I remember.
They'll be allright but indeed get some more. C.aeneus are.most.common and then C.paleatus and C.sterbai (which I keep both at this moment). Saw a C.rabauti recently and there seems to be a C.pygmaeus in hands of an expert, so more to come.

harleygrooo

Ahhhh I remember.
They'll be allright but indeed get some more. C.aeneus are.most.common and then C.paleatus and C.sterbai (which I keep both at this moment). Saw a C.rabauti recently and there seems to be a C.pygmaeus in hands of an expert, so more to come.
C.Rabauti is the Rust Corydoras correct? I saw some at one of my local shops a few months ago! They were not for sale though sadly. They have 2 300 gallon tanks in the center and they had 6 in it for display before going to their new home. I keep Sterbai, and C.102s, and a black sail that was mistaken for a Sterbai(you also identified him!) my girlfriend has Albinos Bronzes and bronzes haha!(Which breed! It was a fun experience but I didn’t get to document it).

DoubleDutch

Currently I keep

C.sterbai (normal.and albino)
C.paleatus (normal and albino)
C.trilineatus
C.venezuelanus
C.panda
C.napoensis (have to buy some new ones)

harleygrooo

Currently I keep

C.sterbai (normal.and albino)
C.paleatus (normal and albino)
C.trilineatus
C.venezuelanus
C.panda
C.napoensis (have to buy some new ones)
I’d love to increase the species I keep! Not enough room for another tank sadly haha! It’s very hard to get other species besides Pandas and Bronzes where I live. Every once and awhile they’ll have one different species available.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
wintermute
Replies
Views
Joshaeus
Replies
Views
Pat93
Replies
Views