Fake or real plants

OP
H

HappyGuy12

Reaction score
NevermindIgnoreMe said:
I might not do fake, the medicines can sometimes make them smell weird. For a hospital tank a nice, fast growing, hardy plant would be best IMO, like hornwort.
Thanks! So live plants it is! :)

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The stressed fish in a hospital tank may like the places to hide also. Being stressed isnt going to aid in their healing. I agree with a bushy plant with lots of cover.

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Live Plants often don't do well when exposed to meds. Rocks might be a better solution in a hospital tank.

OP
H

HappyGuy12

Reaction score
StarGirl15 said:
The stressed fish in a hospital tank may like the places to hide also. Being stressed isnt going to aid in their healing. I agree with a bushy plant with lots of cover.
Thanks for the advice! :)

A201 said:
Live Plants often don't do well when exposed to meds. Rocks might be a better solution in a hospital tank.
Thanks! :)

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A201 said:
Oohf didn't think of that....good call! :oops:

Jaykay1stBetta

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I l
NevermindIgnoreMe said:
I might not do fake, the medicines can sometimes make them smell weird. For a hospital tank a nice, fast growing, hardy plant would be best IMO, like hornwort.
I also like amzonnssords and Java moss they need low light. I got mine a couple weeks ago and has already grows new leaves and the moss is starting to cover my log

OP
H

HappyGuy12

Reaction score
Jaykay1stBetta said:
I l
I also like amzonnssords and Java moss they need low light. I got mine a couple weeks ago and has already grows new leaves and the moss is starting to cover my log
Thanks!

Jaykay1stBetta

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HappyGuy12 said:
If you get java moss you dually have tontie it down to a log or whatever you have in there instill it grows then you cut the tie down off.

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If you do decide on live plants, I have a fair number of them in my 20 gallon long quarantine tank, and the ones that need to be in substrate are planted in small clay pots. That way I can easily remove them from the tank, which makes it much easier to catch fish when it's time to move them to another tank.

Algonquin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I like to have my QT/Hospital tank similar to the main tank in as many ways as possible - the fish that are going in there are probably stressed from travel or illness, and it's best to do what you can to ease that stress and make them as comfortable as possible.

Guppy grass is a good live plant for hospital/QT tanks... it grows floating but will send out little roots to attach itself to things, or you can shove a bunch of it into decor if you want it closer to the bottom. Low light is fine (it will just grow faster in higher light). It provides some cover and breaks up sight lines. It basically grows like a weed - is really cheap too, so if you end up using some kind of strong medicine that damages it, no biggie. :)

New Threads