Fahaka Dead After 7 Days Complain Or Not?

ParrotCichlid
Well my little fahaka puffer fish arrived last week. He had been in my tank for about a week. Refusing to eat, had plenty of snails in the tank for him but he never touched any of them. Tank water parameters have been checked and are 100% right.

Tank has been set up for 12 months and is fully cycled.

Found the fahaka curled over on the bottom of the tank dead today.

Would you demand a refund or exchange from the retailer? It was an eBay purchase.

PeauMon
Hmmm... Interesting... Retailers never give refunds if it has been in your hands for a week. What do you think is the cause of your little friend's death??? How old was your fish when you bought it? Did you properly acclimate your fish to your tank?

What's your ph level?

What's the temperature?

dwarfpufferlover
aw

ParrotCichlid
Hmmm... Interesting... Retailers never give refunds if it has been in your hands for a week. What do you think is the cause of your little friend's death??? How old was your fish when you bought it? Did you properly acclimate your fish to your tank?

What's your ph level?

What's the temperature?

I know that retailers don't give refunds after a week but I'm pretty **** mad about this and considering charging back with my bank. Having keeping fish since I was 12 and now in my twenties I know when something just isn't right with a fish from day 1.

Fahaka puffer was only a few months old I would say, less than 2" long.

I always properly acclimate my fish when I add them to a new tank.

Temperature of the tank is 25c.

The fish was not eating since day one...

PeauMon
I know that retailers don't give refunds after a week but I'm pretty mad about this and considering charging back with my bank. Having keeping fish since I was 12 and now in my twenties I know when something just isn't right with a fish from day 1.

Fahaka puffer was only a few months old I would say, less than 2" long.

I always properly acclimate my fish when I add them to a new tank.

Temperature of the tank is 25c.

The fish was not eating since day one...
Now what?

Rojer Ramjet
In my humble opinion, when it comes to any livestock, you pays you dollar and you takes your chances. Especially when it comes to mail order.

I like to see my livestock before I pay for it.

I'm a 15 year fahaka owner - I'm on #2, after #1 died just before November - downs syndrome niece fed it a large keychain. They're pretty hardy as far as puffers go, but still a delicate species.

psalm18.2
I'd reach out to the seller and see what he can do for you.

ParrotCichlid
Well I opened a return request yesterday and the seller refunded me 100% of the fish and postage cost. They didn't even ask for any pictures to prove it was dead or anything. They didn't even send a message, just a refund.

Was very surprised as the terms and conditions of their eBay listing stated no refunds on postage even for DoA and that they required pictures for DoA.

Happy but surprised

Mcasella
Well I opened a return request yesterday and the seller refunded me 100% of the fish and postage cost. They didn't even ask for any pictures to prove it was dead or anything. They didn't even send a message, just a refund.

Was very surprised as the terms and conditions of their eBay listing stated no refunds on postage even for DoA and that they required pictures for DoA.

Happy but surprised
They likely didn't want to deal or argue with you, it is easier to refund than to deal with an irate person.

ParrotCichlid
They likely didn't want to deal or argue with you, it is easier to refund than to deal with an irate person.

I did not put myself across as an irate person. Was actually very polite and just explained the situation, asking if their was anything they could do.

Still, its very unusual for a retailer to not ask for at least s of the dead fish. Otherwise they are basically taking your word for it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Top Bottom