Faded Clown coloration

Discussion in 'Clownfish' started by Nate41590, Mar 25, 2010.

1. N

Nate41590 Valued Member Member

So i bought a clown about 3 weeks ago. he is happy, swimming EVERYWHERE all the time. He eats as best he can. I think it is hard for him to catch the flakes with the high water movement so i turn the power heads off for him. i started doing this recently. His body has become a little faded in sporadic areas. It doesnt appear to be a disease. He just looks a little faded. This happens with the damsels, their blue coloration fades, so i added a calcium supplement/ buffer and over night, they are back to brilliant blue. Im having trouble keeping my ph up. its right at about 7.9-8. I'll be testing it again soon. im waiting on new test stuff. But i dont know what if anything is wrong with the clown. opinions please!!!

2. Stang Man

Stang Man Well Known Member Member

Dude your still having problems what up!!!!! Is this the tank you started a few weeks ago? Have you been using RO water and did you get skimmer? Talk to me man!!!

3. zeeter

zeeter Well Known Member Member

+1 on the RO water. Also - are you feeding veggies at all? I like to feed mine veggie flakes every other day. It's supposed to be good for their color.

4. OP
    OP
    N

Nate41590 Valued Member Member

i tried giving them algae, but neither the damsels or the clowns will touch it. They just started to accept spirulina flakes, i the main portion of their diet is tetra marine flakes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice