Faded Clown coloration

• Thread starter Nate41590
  • Start date

Nate41590

So I bought a clown about 3 weeks ago. he is happy, swimming EVERYWHERE all the time. He eats as best he can. I think it is hard for him to catch the flakes with the high water movement so I turn the power heads off for him. I started doing this recently. His body has become a little faded in sporadic areas. It doesn't appear to be a disease. He just looks a little faded. This happens with the damsels, their blue coloration fades, so I added a calcium supplement/ buffer and over night, they are back to brilliant blue. I'm having trouble keeping my ph up. its right at about 7.9-8. I'll be testing it again soon. I'm waiting on new test stuff. But I don't know what if anything is wrong with the clown. opinions please!!!

Stang Man

Well Known
Dude your still having problems what up!!!!! Is this the tank you started a few weeks ago? Have you been using RO water and did you get skimmer? Talk to me man!!!

zeeter

Well Known
+1 on the RO water. Also - are you feeding veggies at all? I like to feed mine veggie flakes every other day. It's supposed to be good for their color.

Nate41590

I tried giving them algae, but neither the damsels or the clowns will touch it. They just started to accept spirulina flakes, I the main portion of their diet is tetra marine flakes.

Top Bottom