Eyebrows ?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by HOWsMom, Apr 1, 2010.

1. HOWsMom

HOWsMom Well Known Member Member

What's up with Wan Bo Bo ?
    He didn't used to have eyebrows, at least not that I remember.

In the last few weeks, he has filled out some, his fins look much fuller and the colour is nicer too.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

I am not very sure, but that might be a marble gene showing through...I could definitely be wrong though...

3. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Huh, I've seen and heard cases of their "mask" changing colors but I've not seen it in random patches like that. Is it stringy looking or anything?

4. u

uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

My boy Eos is a marble, and when he's about to change colors, parts of him go gray like that. Look to see if he changes colors in those parts in the coming days and weeks.

5. OP
    OP
    HOWsMom

It's not fuzzy, it's not stringy. It's just like his scales are changing colour - dimming/lightening - I guess.

So, you're thinking he's still healthy ?

6. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

I think so anyway...I have a green marble bf male that has spots like that...they are almost shaped like diamonds. They started out gray like those then turned bright blue and the spots just keep on coming!

7. u

If you don't see any stringiness or fuzziness, and he is still eating and swimming about normally, their is no need to worry. Like I said, keep an eye on his coloration, he could begin turning colors on you!

My boy Eos was dark black with a little blue in his fins when I bought him. Today he is bright red and metallic blue. He is constantly changing colors and will get grey patches on him regularly before he does. Here are some pics to demonstrate what I mean:

First pic = Eos the day I bought him. Look how dark he is!

Second pic = See the grey appearing on his head? I FREAKED when I saw this ... turns out ... he's a marble!

Third pic = Eos just two weeks ago ... wow!

Attached Files:

8. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

OMG is that a uni-brow?????...lol

9. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Aw, look at Eos! My new PK boy is changing colours right now, he was a white colour, now he's turning to a light steel grey colour, he's very pretty!

Keep an eye on your boy, I would love to see if he changes!

Oh, and ask Ken (aquarist48) about Wriggley, I love that little guy. He started a minty green colour and now is pinky, it's been great to see the difference in him!

10. u

Thanks, Tigerfishy. I name all my fish after defunct airlines based off of their coloring (and the coloring of the defunct airline). Eos totally threw that out the door lol.

How is your little guy doing, PhonicBus? Still eating and swimming okay?

11. OP
    OP
    HOWsMom

He's doing fine - he's active, curious - a little show-off overall.
    He's eating like the little piggy he is, checking out the snails I dropped in yesterday afternoon, no behaviour problems at all.

12. u

Hmm, sounds good. I'll be curious to see if in a few days or a week he's starting to change colors!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice