Extremely sick bettas

Dragonloverjas

So I have a tank with 3 female bettas. It used to be 4, but one sadly passed a few weeks ago. She had several huge white lumps on her head that appeared out of nowhere, and she died in days. I was going to post it here, but she died before I could. So I thought that was that and moved on. Now two of the other bettas have problems as of today. One has gone extremely bloated and looks like a balloon Molly, and the other did the same and also has a huge white lump on her side. It almost looks like her insides are spilling out of it. I’m really concerned, I don’t think either have very long. Only one betta in the tank is unaffected, and I don’t know how to keep it that way. I do have a new tank, but I haven’t set it up yet and it could take a while. The tank hasn’t been the best lately, my mum has been feeding it as I haven’t really been feeling the best over the last few months. I think she’s only cleaned it once. Can anyone help?
1AA378D4-5C8F-4B82-8246-1E4A77936032.jpeg

1AA378D4-5C8F-4B82-8246-1E4A77936032.jpeg

Addictedtobettas

My guess would be parasitic. But if the tank has only been cleaned once in several months?? I’m shocked they haven’t had issues sooner.
Taking on a new tank when your current one is problematic sounds like a potentially worsening situation for all involved, especially the fish.

Dragonloverjas

Addictedtobettas said:
My guess would be parasitic. But if the tank has only been cleaned once in several months?? I’m shocked they haven’t had issues sooner.
Taking on a new tank when your current one is problematic sounds like a potentially worsening situation for all involved, especially the fish.
I know, it’s absolutely terrible. I need to work on my health so I can start doing all the work myself, I can’t believe it’s gotten this bad. I am definitely not considering taking on a new tank yet, I just want to try and save the remaining healthy fish. I feel so bad about this, I can’t imagine what the poor fish are going through. I thought my mum knew what she was doing since she’s had a fish tank for like 30 years or something, but apparently not. She seems to be able to care for her own just fine. It’s not her responsibility though, so I’m not blaming her. It’s my own fault for letting it get this way.

Blueberrybetta

Dragonloverjas said:
I know, it’s absolutely terrible. I need to work on my health so I can start doing all the work myself, I can’t believe it’s gotten this bad. I am definitely not considering taking on a new tank yet, I just want to try and save the remaining healthy fish. I feel so bad about this, I can’t imagine what the poor fish are going through. I thought my mum knew what she was doing since she’s had a fish tank for like 30 years or something, but apparently not. She seems to be able to care for her own just fine. It’s not her responsibility though, so I’m not blaming her. It’s my own fault for letting it get this way.
Do you know the water parameters?

Amaracalle

I had a betta with a white spot just like that, it turned out to be a tumor. Do you have any temporary tanks or quarantine tanks to put them in? It could also be Columnaris, does the bump look cottony? As for the one that died it sounds like hole in head disease, all of which can be from poor water quality

Top Bottom