Extremely Frustrated—group Project

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
So we had a 100 point group project due at midnight, and some of my group members decided to just not have it done. So I’m potentially going to have my grade ruined by these people. I am stressing out.

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've gone through similar. While the US education system differs from Australia, contact your demonstrator/lecturer/whoeverisincharge and message talk to them about it.

In my case, I was given my grade based on the work I did - especially after I included evidence showing that others didn't work even though I tried to get them too/help - while everyone else got the appropriate mark, and failed.

NLindsey921

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow. That's why I hated group work. I always managed to convince my teachers to let me do my work myself. Especially in a computer class I took.

OP
AquaticJ

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
aussieJJDude said:
I've gone through similar. While the US education system differs from Australia, contact your demonstrator/lecturer/whoeverisincharge and message talk to them about it.

In my case, I was given my grade based on the work I did - especially after I included evidence showing that others didn't work even though I tried to get them too/help - while everyone else got the appropriate mark, and failed.
Oh I sure did. I emailed her immediately lol.

goldface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Snitches get stitches. Nah, seriously, I feel ya.

smee82

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you can show you did more then your fair share and they didnt you professor should take that into consideration.

I have had the same thing happen to my students so often that I won't give group assignments anymore.

OP
AquaticJ

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
scarface said:
Snitches get stitches. Nah, seriously, I feel ya.
I was just thinking that hahaha

WinterSoldier.

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I feel you man. I always HATE group projects personally for me life is survival of the fitess and I hate depending on others to get their end done. Maybe talk to your teacher/professor about it?

New Threads