Extra Light?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by brodylane1122, Dec 13, 2012.

1. brodylane1122

brodylane1122Well Known MemberMember

Right now my xmas moss seems to be doing ok in 1w per gallon and once a week ferts. But in the event that things did start to go astray, could I just buy a cheap 10 watt cfl lamp from a store like wal-mart and spot light it just for my moss? That would put the moss to 1.5w per gallon without adding any light to my other plants. Just a random thought. Has anyone else done this?

2. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

I have!!! I have just my Xmas moss in a 2g tank it gets daily dose of flourish and have a 14w bulb over it so about 7w/g the plant has doubled in size since I got it 3 weeks ago... I am growing it so i can start a moss wall :)

3. OP
    OP
    brodylane1122

Thanks. I may just go out and purchase anyways for the sake of the moss. The small cfl lamps are pretty cheap.

4. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

I got mine at a junk store for $10 light fixture and bulb together :)

5. OP
    OP
    brodylane1122

Nice, well I bought a 10w cfl lamp and have it set up directly on the moss. So, hopefully it works! If not, I do have another strip light that would add even more light and I can use the mini cfl for my 10 gallon I'm setting up at work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice