External Filter

Nano tank master

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a 35 litre tank at the minute and am looking to re-scape it soon. I have a heater and filter in it so i want to move the heater across to a corner and replace my internal filter with an external. Does any one have any suggestions on good small external filters. I have a 40cm by 40cm stand to put it in. Thanks for any help.

Buganjimo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So 35 litres is just shy of 10 gallons right? I’m a bad canadian who uses gallons whoops. When you say ‘external filter’ do you mean a canister filter or a hang on back filter?

I don’t have any experience with canisters but I’d personally suggest aquaclear filters, they’re my favourite. An aquaclear 30 should be good for your tank, or a 20 but I like to over filter lol.

Nano tank master

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Buganjimo said:
So 35 litres is just shy of 10 gallons right? I’m a bad canadian who uses gallons whoops. When you say ‘external filter’ do you mean a canister filter or a hang on back filter?

I don’t have any experience with canisters but I’d personally suggest aquaclear filters, they’re my favourite. An aquaclear 30 should be good for your tank, or a 20 but I like to over filter lol.
Yeah that's about right. I mean canister filter. Thanks.

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A small canister does exist. Eg, turtle canisters made by zoomed meant to be a good choice.
Toms mini also may suit as well as finnex px 360.

Nano tank master

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
aussieJJDude said:
A small canister does exist. Eg, turtle canisters made by zoomed meant to be a good choice.
Toms mini also may suit as well as finnex px 360.
Thanks.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom