External Filter 5 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Nano tank master, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Nano tank masterValued MemberMember

I have a 35 litre tank at the minute and am looking to re-scape it soon. I have a heater and filter in it so i want to move the heater across to a corner and replace my internal filter with an external. Does any one have any suggestions on good small external filters. I have a 40cm by 40cm stand to put it in. Thanks for any help.

2. BuganjimoWell Known MemberMember

So 35 litres is just shy of 10 gallons right? I’m a bad canadian who uses gallons whoops. When you say ‘external filter’ do you mean a canister filter or a hang on back filter?

I don’t have any experience with canisters but I’d personally suggest aquaclear filters, they’re my favourite. An aquaclear 30 should be good for your tank, or a 20 but I like to over filter lol.

3. Nano tank masterValued MemberMember

Yeah that's about right. I mean canister filter. Thanks.

4. aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

A small canister does exist. Eg, turtle canisters made by zoomed meant to be a good choice.
    Toms mini also may suit as well as finnex px 360.

5. Nano tank masterValued MemberMember

Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice