Question External filter or internal filter

JCM

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
HI I'm new to this site and hobby so I'm trying to gain as much info as I can.
I'm thinking of bumping up my filtration on my 120L juwel lido tank. It already has the standard fit internal filter, but I am thinking of getting an external filter as well. I worry that the internal filter is not good enough and would like piece of mind that my fish have the best set up possible. Any ideas on filter brand/type might complement my tank or just any information would be brilliant

Bob79

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It's always a good idea to have an additional filter running incase that one of the filter fails you will have one more running. But, see that the fish you have in tank are comfortable with the additional flow that extra filter will create.
I have always used diy overhead filters so you might want to wait for someone more experienced with filters to reply.

OP
JCM

JCM

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Bob79 said:
It's always a good idea to have an additional filter running incase that one of the filter fails you will have one more running. But, see that the fish you have in tank are comfortable with the additional flow that extra filter will create.
I have always used diy overhead filters so you might want to wait for someone more experienced with filters to reply.
Thanks for the advice. I guess it can't hurt to have a back up. I was thinking that the external filter I get would be only just powerful enough (lph) to filter my tank so basically not too powerful a flow. I have no idea which brand/model to buy have done some research but there are just sooooo many lol

juniperlea

Well Known
Reaction score
I like my fake DIY internal filter that I use in conjunction with the HOB. I used a large piece of decor and 40 gph air pump. I know it's not a real filter, but it does a pretty good job of collecting gunk! Plus, except for the air bubbles coming out, you don't know that it's a filter (of sorts)!! ,

OP
JCM

JCM

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Oh that sounds interesting as I really just want extra filtration. I might look into that thanks!

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom