Experience With Paraguard??

Discussion in 'Meds, Additives and Supplements Reviews' started by 2006fuzz, Mar 14, 2017.

1. 2006fuzzValued MemberMember

So Paraguard, what do people have to say about this? Interested mainly in the antiparasitic properties in freshwater fish aswell as preventative measure in saltwater quarantine tanks. Throw your reviews at me :)

2. Tanks and PlantsWell Known MemberMember

It's great I have used it to cure ick, plus it's easy on your biological filter.

3. CarrieFisherWell Known MemberMember

Same!!

I , literally, just used it for a course of two weeks for a pretty bad case of ich.

Just when it seems like the ich gets worse (around day 10ish), the next day it was almost gone!!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  4. HerkimurWell Known MemberMember

It contains Malachite Green, and that's a deal breaker for me since I have sensitive Inverts.
    It's awesome used as a dip for new fish though.

5. Books&FishWell Known MemberMember

I'm on day 15 using it for Ick in my 75g. It does stain your clear airline tubing, but it's barely noticeable, and it hasn't stained anything else. All my snails and ghost shrimp are alive and well. My media has not suffered at all. I do notice when I first dose the tank, I'll get one or two fish flashing a bit. Normally (with Ick) I don't see much flashing but once or twice a day (I catch it early). I'm not fond of having to use it so many days this round (last time 10 days was enough), but so far I really can't complain.

6. CarrieFisherWell Known MemberMember

It very slightly stained my silicone tank seals, but... as mentioned, its really not that noticeable.

It also stained the suction cup of one of my thermometers and the 4way feeder. Lol
    But you can't tell unless you're riiiiiihht up on it