Experience with gold barbs?

Zeeth29

What has your experience been with Gold bards? I like the look of them but have never kept them myself.

Tankseeker

Hi I have some great ones
Behaviour I find them incredibly active although a bit nippy but they never hurt their kind
They are really a standout fish
If you do get them I suggest you do a species only tank .any specific questions/concerns?

Attachments

• F113E272-72D7-4442-8BB8-6E95D9865339.jpeg
    F113E272-72D7-4442-8BB8-6E95D9865339.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 15

Tankseeker

I disagree with some of the things ,such as should get along I believe they should only be with their species and they have never nipped at my plants ever

Tankseeker

Ohh hahah sorry lol

RayClem

I think there’s been a misunderstanding, the Op is asking about Gold barbs not Tiger barbs

Yes, the OP was asking about gold barbs. However, gold barbs are the same size and shape as tiger barbs and they have similar levels of activity. Then need to be kept in a group of at least 6 or they are likely to nip at the fins of other tank mates, especially if they are in too small a tank.

Tankseeker

Ya I got confused by their similaritys

Lakefish

I have two old, fat ones in a 25 gallon with a paradise fish and a flag fish. They never bothered another fish, are quite active and fearless, nice fish to have. Eat anything! (But not the plants). These ones are at least six years old, from the original school of ten. I euthanized three or four a couple years ago because there was something going on with them, never did figure out what. Sort of a wasting disease. The other couple died by misadventure (cover the tank well!)
Will get more if I can find any!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MartintheBNpleco
  • Question
Replies
Views
Tankseeker
  • Question
Replies