Experience Aquarist Monte Carlo Help

Ashlyn_fish

Reaction score
Please help, any experienced Aquarist that has grown Monte Carlo or similar carpeting plants. I want to go Monte Carlo in my tank. My tank has no filter and would be stagnant water. Is there anyway I can grow a thick carpeting plant like Monte Carlo in a tank with no filtration that is stagnant with no pressured Co2 (I have fertz) Tank is around 5 gallons I bought it used. Tank has highlighting and no substrate as of now. My question is if I could grow Monte Carlo in stagnant water, what would be the best substrate to use? I want to use something that looks very natural. So no fluval substrate. I was thinking a dirted tank with a sand cap. Specifically what is the very best dirt sand combo for a plant like Monte Carlo if I could even grow it in stagnant water. There is also no local fish stores near me that sell this plant I would have to buy it online in seeds, how would that process work? And if I could grow a plant like Monte Carlo what should I be expecting in terms of cycling a tank with no filter and how should I add plants to keep ammonia down but not damage plants. Should I add a cheap plant like bamboo in the beginning of the cycling process? Then remove it after the tank cycled? I have a cycled 36 gallon tank if that is a factor.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Giving this a bump up for you hope our planted members can help you today

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors