Expensive AB Betta???

Allie
I cannot figure out why this guy is so expensive. He's not even that pretty.

or this one

Martinismommy
Maybe because they are "Giants"?? They didn't knock my socks off either....

Allie
I am more impressed with my lfs find this week...at 8 bucks a piece too.

Fishies-for-me
Hmmm notice there are no bids on either of them??..lol

COBettaCouple
I'd like that 2nd one.

Allie
COBettaCouple
Yea.. I need that $100 for the platinum angels breeding pair that I want.

Allie
I need that for dividers and tanks drool

COBettaCouple
Allie
voiceless_kat

I need that for dividers and tanks drool

LOL, I need that for a nice bottle of wine or two or three, and a plain-o betta boy or girl!!!

You guys, we need to start a Bettas addiction 12 step......Allie, you and Karen can be the founding members. The rest of us jealous people will be there too.............

Val

Allie
LOL, I need that for a nice bottle of wine or two or three, and a plain-o betta boy or girl!!!

You guys, we need to start a Bettas addiction 12 step......Allie, you and Karen can be the founding members. The rest of us jealous people will be there too.............

Val

Martinismommy

Val

Oh nooooooooooo! You mean to tell me it's not just my family who has noticed my addiction

Allie
Oh nooooooooooo! You mean to tell me it's not just my family who has noticed my addiction
:helpsmilie: You should see people reaction when I say I have 9.
Actually most people who know us aren't surprised by numerous fish and tanks. But betta always get them.
No one seems to understand that these fish are awesome.

Allie
HOLY S__T!!!

COBettaCouple
!!!!! No way! :;pirate

Barbrella
HOLY S__T!!!

O M G!!!!!!!!!!! Is that for real? And should you really be looking at it?

That's the last time I'm clicking any AB links. The temptation is way too strong!

Allie
O M G!!!!!!!!!!! Is that for real? And should you really be looking at it?

That's the last time I'm clicking any AB links. The temptation is way too strong!
If it was $10-30 I may consider it, but $250 no way.

Martinismommy
This is starting to remind me of the color variations on Cocker Spaniels and Chihuahuas...The rare colors are not a good thing...Lots of health problems....I spent generations protecting the breeds......People always asked big bucks for the rare colors....

I wonder if it is the same with the Bettas????

voiceless_kat
HOLY S__T!!!

I second that. Man that is like 2 cases of regular wine.................. ( hey, I am no snob).

I am going to write a story of the plain little betta who wanted a home.....kinda like the Charlie Brown Christmas tress.............

Like the gal said in her post on the Cdn site...are they making "franken fish"???

I think all of our bettas are just as beautiful!!!

Val

Allie
I second that. Man that is like 2 cases of regular wine.................. ( hey, I am no snob).

I am going to write a story of the plain little betta who wanted a home.....kinda like the Charlie Brown Christmas tress.............

Like the gal said in her post on the Cdn site...are they making "franken fish"???

I think all of our bettas are just as beautiful!!!

Val
I too think all betta are beautiful..some may have bull dog faces but they are still cute to me.

Allie
This is starting to remind me of the color variations on Cocker Spaniels and Chihuahuas...The rare colors are not a good thing...Lots of health problems....I spent generations protecting the breeds......People always asked big bucks for the rare colors....

I wonder if it is the same with the Bettas????
Betta people are drooling over the HMS/OHM and HM Plakats: steel, cooper, white/platinums, dragons are big especially patterns with out dark red coloring: like a yellow gold dragon. Solid gold betta. Red is a bad thing right now.
Crown tails seem to be not as popular in the breeders world.

COBettaCouple
Yea, we enjoyed the IBC Betta Show that we went to, but could really see the difference between the breeder world and us.

Fish Addict
I still don't get it... what does halfmoon mean?

COBettaCouple
It means the tail fin is 180 degrees, like half of the moon.

Allie
Yea, we enjoyed the IBC Betta Show that we went to, but could really see the difference between the breeder world and us.
I can imagine. I'd be bitting my tongue the whole time. okey:
It's half the reason in all my years of cats owning me I haven't ever been to the cat show. I love my cats. I KNOW cats in general don't like being shown off. They do things on their own time. Kinda like those moms with their itty bitty girls in pageants. Forcing them to be a show piece item.

Martinismommy
I still don't get it... what does halfmoon mean?

Here is a halfmoon betta baby..He is 4 months old so he has not fully matured yet but you can see the tail type..

121.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
SunnyAde
Replies
Views
CrackerboxPalace
Replies
Views
KatieAdrian