Exo terra hermit crab tank

bettaf1sh 7789
Currently I have my hermit crabs in an exo Terra 36x18x18 tank but I’m moving some things around and this tank no longer fits. Would a 24x18x12 be sufficient? They were kept in a 20 long at one point without issue which I believe is the same height, but the exo terra has a bit more floor space.

aussieJJDude
Depending on the amount of crabs and size, yes.

I honestly would suggest getting a taller tank (say 18 or even 24 inches) as it allows a little more room for your crabs (deepee substrate and climbing areas).

bettaf1sh 7789
aussieJJDude said:
Depending on the amount of crabs and size, yes.

I honestly would suggest getting a taller tank (say 18 or even 24 inches) as it allows a little more room for your crabs (deepee substrate and climbing areas).
Their current tank is 18 inches tall, which is preferred for me but the 24x18x18 is never in stock, so I’ll probably just settle for the 24x18x12. If it’s back in stock within the next week or so, I’ll get the 18” tall one though. Thanks!

aussieJJDude
I don't know whether the store allows you to do so, but you could pay in advance and order it in?

bettaf1sh 7789
aussieJJDude said:
I don't know whether the store allows you to do so, but you could pay in advance and order it in?
I’m not sure. The only place around here that has it at a reasonable price is Petco, so I’m not sure if that’s something they’ll do. I can check my local store too, but they tend to be VERY pricey.

bettaf1sh 7789
Good news! Looks like it just came back in stock, I’ll order it tomorrow and should have it by early next week

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom