Exo Terra Coco Husk For Grindal Worms?

Repolie

Ok so my grindal worm culture had a mite infestation and it was driving me nuts watching them scare away the grindal worms and hog all the food. So I wanted to restart the culture. I went around looking for coconut coir and I could only come across the Exo Terra Coco husk for reptiles and I was told that coconut fiber for reptiles would be fine. So I bought it and when I soaked a chunk of it in water, it was so chunky and it was very stringy with the coconut hairs. Would it still work? Don't grindal worms like to burrow? Can they burrow with a texture like that, full of air holes? I separated as many worms as I can on a piece of wet newspaper on a plastic lid with a piece of glass on top of them and hydrate them every few hours. I set up a test culture anyways to see what happens and placed a few worms in. My culture is very close to crashing. This is the texture of the coco husk.

coco_rough_210812_195720.jpg

Fanatic

I recommend EcoEarth, it’s much more dirt like and has a smoother texture.
It’s very good for reptiles, and especially burrowing animals.
You can buy it loose in a bag, or compressed in a brick.

Repolie

I'm facepalming so hard right now. I swear I saw it at the pet store and I was too busy freaking out that I didn't read anything. Hope they can survive 1 more week on wet newspaper.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
midnightwhale
Replies
Views
ilovefrogs
Replies
Views
Cold&warm
Replies