Exciting! But too much?

NC_OBS

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok, so i have my 5 gold barbs and clown pleco happily living in my tank. I've been pretty totally controlling what happened with the tank and decided since its in OUR house my wife oughta have some input, so I told her pick any fish you want, if it's not something outright too big for the tank, I'll put it in there(excepting special cases for like bettas or mbuna cichlids etc). Anyways I had been wanting to put a bolivian ram in the tank, she sees them at the LFS and loves em, she also loves the Keyhole she sees there. So the guy says those are both fish they're growing in a display tank and they're not for sale, but says next time they order fish they'll order some of each and call me so I can pick one of each.

Question arises!

Will 5 Gold Barbs, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 Bolivian Ram, and 1 Keyhole cichlid be capable of happily cohabitating my tank. I have a few fake plants and some driftwood and would buy a cave of some sort for the opposite end of the tank as the bulk of the plants. Bad idea? the LFS guy thinks so long as the cichlids grew up together they'd be alright, and I'd be buying them at the same time(in a couple weeks). I'm so excited she picked something I like ! is that wrong >?

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Heck no it's not wrong! ;D

IIRC, I once asked about adding keyholes to my 37g and was told that they'd be too shy with the gold barbs around. But my memory isn't what it used to be.

You'd think I'd know more about the Bolivian Rams seeing as how I'd like to get one but I'm drawing a blank on them. I'm sure someone else will chime in, I just know it!

-Lisa

NC_OBS

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for the perhaps remembered info hehe. anybody have experience with mixing Bolivians and Keyholes? If not I'll be plunging into it in a couple weeks... Uninformed BUM BUM BUUMMM. I'm hoping my barbs aren't too much of an issue, they don't really pester each other at all, but they do swim around pretty fast.

NC_OBS

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya, I definately plan on 1 bolivian ram, but what I'm not sure about is if the keyhole cichlid will be alright in there too.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom