Exchange student

Have you ever been/had an exchange student living in your house?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't know what that is

• Thought about it

• Total voters
Tom
My parents have had, I think, 5-7 exchange students, all at different times. The one we visit the most is the one who was here when I was born. Have any of you ever had that experience?
Tom

Advertisement
sgould
Never had. Could be interesting though.

armadillo
No, but that sounds really cool. I might do that when I have kids.

COBettaCouple
My parents have had, I think, 5-7 exchange students, all at different times. The one we visit the most is the one who was here when I was born. Have any of you ever had that experience?
Tom

my parents tried to exchange me, but nobody would take me.. it was so traumatic! it would be an interesting experience to host an exchange student.

atmmachine816
My friend hosted a exchange student and he's still here now. We always joke around with him because in the US he's a senior in HS but in Germany he's a sophmore.

hmm does that count as yes?

Tom
I will allow it.
Tom

Advertisement
Stradius011
Hmmm...being a 12 year old boy my small brain does not know what it is.

atmmachine816
It's when usually a student from another country comes to live with you or someone for a certain amount of time. They essentially learn a new culture and lifestyle.

Tom
It's when usually a student from another country comes to live with you or someone for a certain amount of time. They essentially learn a new culture and lifestyle.
And in most cases, a new laguage. The only problem with it is, it can be very expensive if you wish to be a paart of it.
Tom

Stradius011
Oh, then I already knew what it was. I just didn't know what it was called.

atmmachine816
LOL, now you do

Advertisement
Stradius011
My parents wanted to send me to either Korea or China but then I said "Who will take care of the fish?" So I got out of it.

Tom
My parents wanted to send me to either Korea or China but then I said "Who will take care of the fish?" So I got out of it.
Good excuse.
Tom

Muffymouse
My grandparents had a couple of exchange students years ago. They still keep in touch sometimes. I think both of them were from Japan. My senior year of HS we had one in our class from Chile, he was pretty cool.

Callum The Cat
I have a german exhcnage student at my school bu they've never stayed at my house ;D Callum!

Carillon
My grandparents lived near a university, and probably had literally dozens of exchange students live with them before they retired and moved out of the city. I only remember some of them, but I still have a book one of them gave me as a present. My grandparents get a slew of very foreign holiday cards every year too, which was just great when I went through my stamp collecting phase as a kid! They also love to travel, and conveniently have people to visit in a good number of the countries they visit! I accompanied them to Japan when I was a teenager, and it took us a week and a half to visit all of their former exchange students there!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PurpleFish
Replies
Views
Ohio Mark
Replies
Views
KeeperOFnano
Replies
Views