exactly what is a boatie??????

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Today I was at the LFS and saw a pretty neat looking fish. The best way to describe it is it has a leopard print and looks like it could possibly be a large loach but its called a Boatie? Does anyone know what kind of fish this is, I bought him and hes in with my Blood red parrot and they get along fine. The boatie has nuzzled into the rock formation I put in the tank and my BRP nudges at him from time to time but other than that they seem fine. So at any rate this boatie is one of the only fish with an even temperament to the BRP. If anyone knows what "Breed" of fish this is I would love to know.

mathas

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Aquagirl1978 said:
Today I was at the LFS and saw a pretty neat looking fish. The best way to describe it is it has a leopard print and looks like it could possibly be a large loach but its called a Boatie? Does anyone know what kind of fish this is, I bought him and hes in with my Blood red parrot and they get along fine.
Botia is a genus in the loach family, "botiine" is used to describe non-serpentine loaches (clown loaches, yoyo loaches, etc.), but I'm guessing "Boatie" is either a typo or a sign made by someone who isn't quite certain of what they're talking about.

That isn't enough to know specifically which fish you have. Can you post a picture? If not, loaches.com has a good pictorial guide: https://www.loaches.com/species-index/pictorial-species-search-index/pictorial-species-index-body-shape-pictures

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A picture would be great. Yoyos(Botia almorhae) come to mind with your description
Carol

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Heee Heeee Silly me its a Tiger Botia, yeah someone typo'ed The sign pretty bad. Thanks guys

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads