Exact Dimensions of AC110?

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Elodea, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

Hello,

Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the Aquaclear 110's back compartment? My old filter burned out and I'm planning to replace it with the AC110, but the tank is against a wall so I'm not sure if it will fit or not. The back of the tank is about 3.6 inches away from the wall.

If that doesn't work, what other cheap (basically HOB) filters can I use instead? I was thinking along the lines of two separate smaller AC filters, does that achieve the same effect?

Thanks!

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Elodea nice to see you.

It looks like it's about 4" not including the part that hangs in the tank.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  3. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

Mine is exactly 3.8 inches wide.

4. OP
    OP
    Elodea

uh oh

Provided that I won't be able to afford any fancy canisters, would two AC50s work instead? Or is there another filter that works just as well?

The old filter was a Marineland Biowheel 350 that came with the kit.

5. RogueAgent94

6. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

I have one very similar to what Rogue linked and I'm very satisfied with it. Your idea of splitting the filtration load between 2 aquaclears is also a good one imo, it never hurts to have backup in case one dies.

7. OP
    OP
    Elodea

I ended up getting the exact filter Rogue recommended and as of today, you couldn't ask for a better (or quieter!) filter considering the 50 dollar price tag.

Thanks everyone!

8. RogueAgent94

;D Glad you like it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice