evil BN caught on tape

1. Quibbles Member Member

Hi, this thread is for all of the people who wanted to see my evil BN pleco in action. I stayed up late at night, when the lights were off, using only ambient light, and caught video of him trying to take down his tank mates. I took the videos the night before I took him back to the LFS... Well, I just realized I have no idea how to post a video... or tag people.... can someone help me out here?

2. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

The way I do it is upload it to YouTube and then post the link here.

3. MinhMai Member Member

Morbidly interested to see this...

4. MissyRay Member Member

Curious too, following this thread

5. Quibbles Member Member

How do you tag people, and I will post video ASAP

6. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

Add me in! You tags by doing @ followed by screen name

7. MinhMai Member Member

Tag with @NAME. But we're subscribed to this thread anyway.

8. jhigg008 Well Known Member Member

Ninja'd! I mean you ninjad me as I edite to add that lol :)

9. Quibbles Member Member

I know but there were other people who wanted to see such as 4ftaqauriumman

10. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Me too. Alison:;hi1

11. Quibbles Member Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpIlM8Wyo8w&feature=youtu.be

Did that work? This is the first of several short videos, terrible lighting I know, but she only hunted with lights out. In this she is "fishing". She waits near a food wafer and when other fish come by she lunges. She obviously failed to catch the zebra danio, and she hasn't had any success with danois. Only neons, blackskirts, cardinals, and otos, though she got in lots of battles with my angel. Iknow it barely looks like an attack at all, I was really suprised the first time I saw her take down a tetra like that.

12. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Super interested to see this! Also, the video is unavailable as I think it's set on private for you? Go into your YouTube and make the video public. Other than that idk.

13. Quibbles Member Member

ok thanks. I did that now.

14. MinhMai Member Member

Kind of hard to make out. Looks like that silvery fish got too close and the BN is territorial.

15. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Bingo! Can see the video now Looks like the Pleco is very protective of his food. My baby BN Pleco has learned that the guppies in my tank will bite his tail of he doesn't show them who's boss. Whenever a guppy goes near his little driftwood cave, he swims out and goes straight for them its really fun to watch

16. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

That is what mine does when I feed him. But he doesn't attack them. He just pushes them very softly. Doesn't attach to them at all:)

17. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

I don't see a thing but my BN's show the mentioned behaviour. And certainly when they are hungry they get grumpy !! But they never will kill fish

18. cheese Member Member

I wanna see! lol :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app