Everythings turning pink

1. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

In the spring here everything turns pink. The prettiest wild flowers bloom everywhere. I refuse to mow until they are finished blooming.
    carol

Attached Files:

2. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Are the dogs starting to turn pink too? lol

3. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

LOL not yet :)

4. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

lol love the dogs! i know what you mean, i wouldnt mow either(great exscuse not too XP). My aunt gets a ton of pink at her house too during the spring
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thus why i love the spring.

EDIt: yeah, i was playing with the cartoon feature on the 2nd and fourth pic :p

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Love the fourth pic! That's awesome :)

I haven't done anything to make these flowers come up they just appear in the spring. the yards around us are pink also :)
    My premise on not mowing is that it helps them spread if I don't mow them before they go to seed ;)
    Carol

6. Abalisa Member Member

Both of you could enter some of those pics in a calendar contest! Seriously, the dog one could be in the 365 puppies of the year!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

7. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Carol, the red buds are blooming here!

8. callichma Well Known Member Member

My lawn is purple in the spring. I really love this time of year!

9. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

what calander contest???? thanks though.

10. kimoore Member Member

oh man! Im so jealous! I live in the High Desert and all we get are lupens and sagebrush.... it never gets very green here either.

11. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

The Bradford pears have already bloomed and the Redbuds are starting. Guess spring is really here.
    carol

12. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

No Pink here yet :)

13. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

That is one bad thing about being in LA. Peoples yards are in bloom, but it is not quite the same as a beautiful big field full of flowers or green rolling hills laced with color. I do like to go to his awesome park in Malibu (now that is one great thing about being in LA, we are close to everything) The Self Realizaition Center. It is based on the 5 major religious conceptual groups (Catholic, Muslim, Judaism, Budism, and I am missing one.... but it is run by Monks. All they do is garden. Miles and Miles of Park with perfect gardens everywhere (and I mean PERFECT). There is a lake there with Swans, Turtles, and Koi. It is an amazing place when it is in bloom. But alas no rolling hills with patches of color in Los Angeles.

14. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Great pictures!

It's such a pretty time of year!
    The Bradford pears and Red Beds are blooming here also!

15. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

The dogwood trees here at my grandparents house(in SC for a week) are in full bloom. But their white

16. nissan4life Member Member

Spring is finally here in Maine, not as beautiful as all those pics and not as warm, either. But 61 is gorgeous here after months of teens/twenties/thirties! I dragged my bike out and gave it a quick bath and took the battery in for servicing. I haven't seen the thing for months! Started detailing the Xterra too, but I keep running out of daylight :p I really can't wait to get started on the curb appeal. My flowerbeds/garden are a sad sight LOL

17. plecodragon Well Known Member Member

I am jealous. Here in Northern Alberta we just got 3+ inches of snow today.Had to get out my snowblower.:( So spring is coming slowly here. Can't wait for green.

18. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thanks for sharing pics everyone :) Cichlidnut I love your picture.
    carol

19. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i love wildflowers too =] they are my fave

20. luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

Here in md spring is in bloom cherry trees are pink as can be it was 65 today and the rock fish are supposedly biting just got the boat out of storage. Needs a good wash and two new batterys and a 300 dollar fule bill and were ready to go