euthanizing

1. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

What's the best (most humane) way to euthanize a fish? besides chopping the head off, I could never do that :-X

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

3. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

4. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Whatever the method, I don't think I'd be able to put any fish to sleep :( (even though it would be necessary to end its suffering).

5. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

what about the freezing technique? is that ok?

6. jim55379 Member Member

Emmma why on god's earth do you have to euthanize a fish? ??? ??? Could you give it to a friend? If it is not getting along with another fish try a different tank

7. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

not right now idont, but if they get really sick (some diseases are uncurable like china disease) and are suffering sometimes it would be nicer to them to euthanize them--i would never kill a "problem fish" :'(

8. jim55379 Member Member

good I can see you are a kind hearted person. :) That's why I am still debating whether I should start some more fish or not . I hate to see them die...

9. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

oho wouldnt i like to :( but i cant get any more tanks, not even a little 1 gallon :(

10. jim55379 Member Member

why not?? no room?? They arent too expensive ??? 8)

11. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

no if i was allowed to, there would be fish tanks everywhere you looked in my house :D they arent too expensive either i know but my mom wont let me get any more :(

12. jim55379 Member Member

:( :( :( :( Too bad mom won't let you.

13. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

:( :( :( :( yeah really

14. Jon Well Known Member Member

also putting them in a shallow bowl and putting alka seltzer underneath there gills knocks them out without distress... chopping off the head seems a lil mean but its very humane as well.... there are also chemicals you can buy that are lethal in large doses and dont distress teh fish too much... i have heard the vodka method is good too

15. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

ugggggg I could never chop off any animal's head :-X :-X :-X i cant stand even smushing spiders, i have to let them outside :D

16. Jon Well Known Member Member

lol i know how you feel most people wont do it but it is very humane

17. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

i know...but thats how girls are...lol...

18. Jon Well Known Member Member

lol