euthanizing

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
What's the best (most humane) way to euthanize a fish? besides chopping the head off, I could never do that :-X

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Whatever the method, I don't think I'd be able to put any fish to sleep (even though it would be necessary to end its suffering).

OP
N

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
what about the freezing technique? is that ok?

jim55379

Reaction score
Emmma why on god's earth do you have to euthanize a fish? ??? ??? Could you give it to a friend? If it is not getting along with another fish try a different tank

OP
N

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
not right now idont, but if they get really sick (some diseases are uncurable like china disease) and are suffering sometimes it would be nicer to them to euthanize them--I would never kill a "problem fish" :'(

jim55379

Reaction score
good I can see you are a kind hearted person. That's why I am still debating whether I should start some more fish or not . I hate to see them die...

OP
N

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
jim55379 said:
If it is not getting along with another fish try a different tank
oho wouldnt I like to but I can't get any more tanks, not even a little 1 gallon

OP
N

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
no if I was allowed to, there would be fish tanks everywhere you looked in my house they aren't too expensive either I know but my mom won't let me get any more

Jon

Well Known
Reaction score
also putting them in a shallow bowl and putting alka seltzer underneath there gills knocks them out without distress... chopping off the head seems a lil mean but its very humane as well.... there are also chemicals you can buy that are lethal in large doses and don't distress teh fish too much... I have heard the vodka method is good too

OP
N

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
ugggggg I could never chop off any animal's head :-X :-X :-X I can't stand even smushing spiders, I have to let them outside

Jon

Well Known
Reaction score
lol I know how you feel most people won't do it but it is very humane

New Threads