Euthanize yet? Tetra with popeye

Sofiafish17

Hi everyone
I have a blushing skirt tetra who is sick. I have come to the conclusion that it is popeye, or some similar infection. I have been treating with Kanaplex since October 8. About 5 days ago he stopped getting worse, and about 2-3 days ago the infection started to look better. The white bubble over the eye seemed to be slightly smaller, and the film of infection starting to grow over its mouth seemed to have shrunk. As of 2-3 days ago he seemed to be not able to get food, just managing to get a single pellet. Today he is just ignoring food all together, despite target feeding him while he was at the top. A piece was even touching his mouth but he did not make an effort to eat it. His mouth though with less growth is constant open, and he seems to be labored in breathing with growth n the gills. Now he has abnormal movement, mostly swimming around the surface perimeter of the tank, hanging out at the surface, has white growth on his fin, and has a long poop that’s been stuck for a while, at least 10 minutes but probably longer since I didn’t check on him today until recently. I do have clove oil. I just wanted to get some input before I do it, mostly just because I would feel bad if others weren’t in agreement. Thanks for any input.

A201

From your description the situation appears to be hopeless for the Tetra. If you believe the Tetra is suffering, then pull the trigger.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Nightryder
Replies
Views
SLuGz
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views