Question Established/healthy tank - Julii Cory death?

Slowcheetah

Reaction score
Hi all,

Bit of a sad day, and also a head scratcher for me losing one of my julii corys in last day or so.

I have a 60 liter long tank, heavily planted and driftwood environment with 6 full grown espei rasbora (+ 1 juvenile as they bred, and he some how survived fry stage without being dinner), and until now 6 julii corydoras.

He looked a little lame last couple of days so I started a melafix/pimafix dose just in case and I understand the ‘fixes’ are for mild treatments. I noticed only 5 of the 6 came for feeding last night and went searching today, and found him dead hidden in a nook in the back of the tank :(.

water parameters are currently:

temp: 26 degrees Celsius
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5ppm
Ph:7.2
Kh: 4
Gh: 7

I’m not sure really where to go from here. Any suggestions? As far as I can tell the above parameters are pretty solid, to the point the espeis bred, and the juvenile is still looking healthy.
Is there any point doing another water change? Do a few more days melafix and pimafix just in case something is breaking out in the tank?

I inspected the body of the Cory and I can’t see fungal/ich infection at all so I’m not sure what’s happened.

Any feedback/thoughts on what I can do to prevent further deaths would be appreciated.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think the temp on the long term is a bit high for C.trilineatus (what they will be).but doubt that's the cause of dead.

Variation of food is always a good thing to provide them with all needed proteins, vitamins and minerals.

And sometimes it simply happens.

OP
S

Slowcheetah

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I have been using a mix of hikari granules, sinking wafers and algae wafers. Recently added frozen brine shrimp once a week, and fluval bug bites in the last few days.

yeah it’s a hard one, wasn’t sure if I had made an obvious mistake or just nature occured.

New Threads