Eshopps wet-dry filter for reef tank?

Dstevenson

We have a 75 gallon reef tank that we recently purchased and set up at the office. It has a 10 gallon sump with the typical 3 compartments. I want to upgrade to a larger sump and a local store offered this Eshopps wet-dry filter for a very good price. What are your thoughts on it? Should i stick with a standard sump setup?

Attachments

• st-32896-WD200CS.jpg
    st-32896-WD200CS.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 11

Dstevenson

Good morning. I am new to this forum. We have a 75 gallon reef tank that we recently purchased and set up at the office. It has a 10 gallon sump with the typical 3 compartments. I want to upgrade to a larger sump and a local store offered this Eshopps wet-dry filter for a very good price. What are your thoughts on it? Should i stick with a standard sump setup?

Attachments

• st-32896-WD200CS.jpg
    st-32896-WD200CS.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

Cherryshrimp420

10 gallon is a very tiny sump....

With some plastic bins you can easily build a sump that holds 30 gallons+

Upvote 0

Jesterrace

We have a 75 gallon reef tank that we recently purchased and set up at the office. It has a 10 gallon sump with the typical 3 compartments. I want to upgrade to a larger sump and a local store offered this Eshopps wet-dry filter for a very good price. What are your thoughts on it? Should i stick with a standard sump setup?

Wet/Dry Sump= Freshwater. They are often more hassle than they are worth with saltwater since they trap stuff you don't want. Go with a regular wet sump. You can easily do a DIY sump with a dollar per gallon tank from Petco.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Eldy
Replies
Views
TheK79
  • Question
Replies
Views
BigBeardDaHuZi