Eshopps Sump and HOB Overflow Setup

Kain

I just bought a tank and it came with this Eshopps sump and a hang on back overflow. There's a flaw in this sump design since the water totally bypass the medias in the third chamber and go straight to the return chamber which is right next to it (on the right). What's the best way to set up this sump? I planned to get rid of the bio balls in the first chamber and get a filter sock to capture all the debris. Any thoughts? Thank you!
You must be registered to see images

coralbandit

Hard to see the sumps layout .
A better pic might help .
Could the 'third ' section just be a ATO [Automatic Top Off] meant to hold water and pump into sump when needed ?

Kain

Could the 'third ' section just be a ATO [Automatic Top Off] meant to hold water and pump into sump when needed ?
Sorry I got a better image now. The little section between 3 and 4 (on top of the bypass) meant to hold water then go to the return chamber. I'm thinking of expanding the small hole located between chamber 1 and 2 so the water stop bypassing to return chamber. I'm new to sump so any input would be highly appreciated!!

Kain

This is my current sump set up right now. I added the sponge filter in place of the filter sock (it will be here in a week). I will relocate the sponge to the return chamber when the filter sock is in. I think my sump supposed to be a refugium.

86 ssinit

Look like it’s missing the drip cover. The small hole is to add an air stone to the bottom of the ball pit. I’ve got there wet/dry

Kain

Look like it’s missing the drip cover. The small hole is to add an air stone to the bottom of the ball pit. I’ve got there wet/dry
I want to convert this into a regular sump. I will add lava rock and seachem matrix in the 1st and 3rd chamber. The drainage is going to the 2nd chamber now. What is airstone with ball bit do you mind explain?

86 ssinit

It’s just an option. You add an air stone to the bottom of the media ball(ball put). It sends more air into the pit. The hose From the air pump goes into that hole. Do you have the drip cover?

Kain

It’s just an option. You add an air stone to the bottom of the media ball(ball put). It sends more air into the pit. The hose From the air pump goes into that hole. Do you have the drip cover?
Ah okay. I don't have a drip cover, isn't it used for wet/dry filter?

coralbandit

There are many types of sumps /wet dry and refugiums .
I still can't find the Eshopps you have and don't understand the flow pattern .
Do you know the model number .

Kain

There are many types of sumps /wet dry and refugiums .
I still can't find the Eshopps you have and don't understand the flow pattern .
Do you know the model number .
This is how I set it up right now. I might move the drainage hose to the front when the filter sock get here and probably put 10 bamboos or a big coarse sponge in the little chamber (where the drainage is at). I have no ideas what model it is. Im trying to get a hold of somebody from eshopps but couldnt find any contacts yet.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Tjthunder
Replies
Views
NavyChief20
Replies
Views
JJSLM
Replies
Views