Escaped, Found And Nearly Dead. Advice Needed.

CastleGrayskull

Early this morning I awoke to feed my tank and found that my cray was missing. I searched everywhere. There is no telling how long she was out of the tank but I found her on the other side of the house, dry to the touch with lint on her. I put her in shallow water, as advised by other sites. She was moving a little but she, over the course of five hours, experienced what looked to be disorientation and her legs weren't moving right. Now she is refusing to stay right-side up and is waving her legs upside down. When I put her in the water at first, she floated. Not a good sign, I know. She was upright and moving for a bit but went downhill.

Is there anything else I can do or is it just a waiting game at this point?

CastleGrayskull

Update: I lowered the water level so she can be on the rock with her head out of the water and there seems to be water movement near her mouth where I don't think there was when she was upside down. I'm hoping this helps. Maybe she was drowning..

richiep

It common for crayfish to escape if they're not happy in the tank normally water perameters so I'd check them, hope she pulls through for you

Elkwatcher

Hope things turn out for the best with your cray.

Dino325

Mine escape once, crawl all over my Bedroom floor. Picked her up and put her back in aquarium.

CastleGrayskull

72 hours later and she is no longer constantly off-balance, moving around and the food left for her seems to have disappeared. I thought she was a goner but now I'd wager her prognosis is pretty good. :}

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom