Error??? Marine Land 38 Bow Front

capecodder

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a Marineland 38 gallon bow front...the strap across the top of the tank was driving me crazy so I cut it....now I'm wondering if I made a huge error! Has anyone else removed theirs?

bgclarke

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Did it go from the back to the front? If so, yeah you need that.
May end up with a bigger bow....

capecodder

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
bgclarke said:
Did it go from the back to the front? If so, yeah you need that.
May end up with a bigger bow....
Yes it did...the deed is done, I cut it.

danhutchins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I was using a 55 gallon non bow front with that brace removed and didn't have any issues but keep in mind that they are there for a reason I have since replaced the tank with a brand new one because I was afraid that I would wake up one morning to a flooded living room.

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Another member wanted to remove that from their bow front tank. That person contacted the manufacturer and they told him to NOT remove that. It is structural and needed to maintain the integrity of the tank.

I wouldn't risk it. 38 gallons is a lot of water. I once dropped a 5 gallon bucket on my living room and it wasn't fun.

capecodder

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks everyone, I didn't remove but cut through it...my husband is going to take a look at it but chances are I'll get a new tank. I guess I thought the top was pretty secure, its hard plastic and surrounds the whole tank .....ugh!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom