Error??? Marine Land 38 Bow Front

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by capecodder, Apr 23, 2018.

1. capecodder

capecodderValued MemberMember

I have a Marineland 38 gallon bow front...the strap across the top of the tank was driving me crazy so I cut it....now I'm wondering if I made a huge error! Has anyone else removed theirs?

2. bgclarke

bgclarkeWell Known MemberMember

Did it go from the back to the front? If so, yeah you need that.
    May end up with a bigger bow....

3. OP
    OP
    capecodder

Yes it did...the deed is done, I cut it.

4. danhutchins

danhutchinsWell Known MemberMember

I was using a 55 gallon non bow front with that brace removed and didn't have any issues but keep in mind that they are there for a reason I have since replaced the tank with a brand new one because I was afraid that I would wake up one morning to a flooded living room.

5. JoeCamaro

JoeCamaroWell Known MemberMember

Another member wanted to remove that from their bow front tank. That person contacted the manufacturer and they told him to NOT remove that. It is structural and needed to maintain the integrity of the tank.

I wouldn't risk it. 38 gallons is a lot of water. I once dropped a 5 gallon bucket on my living room and it wasn't fun.

6. OP
    OP
    capecodder

Thanks everyone, I didn't remove but cut through it...my husband is going to take a look at it but chances are I'll get a new tank. I guess I thought the top was pretty secure, its hard plastic and surrounds the whole tank .....ugh!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice