Erie Aquarium Society - Spring Auction

1. kitty2234 Member Member

:;toast

Hi Friends,

On Sunday, March 25th, 2012 the auction will begin. This auction will be at West Ridge Fire Hall; 3142 W 26th St (Rt 20), in Erie PA.

The auction is continually getting bigger each year. Fish and Fish supplies can be found, including aquariums. The members usually bring Angelfish, plecos, cichlids, and more. The auction will start at 11AM but registration starts at 10AM.

70% of the price goes to the owner and 30% goes to the club. Everyone is welcome and even members and Non-members are allowed to sell at the auction.

If you have any questions you can PM me!!
    kitty2234

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thanks for posting! If you go let us know how it was :)
    Carol

3. kitty2234 Member Member

Hi Butterfly,

The last auction had over 830 items. This auction is expected to be bigger. I went to the fall auction and will be attending this auction, also.

In the fall, many 20 gallon High and Longs aquariums were selling for $7. Many of those aquariums contained - Hoods, custom lighting, heaters, and some even had filters. I picked up all the tanks I could carry in 1 trip!

I even came back the next day and bought more tanks from a member of the club. I got a 36 gallon gallon and a 43 gallon tank with a metal stand for $30!

This is how I started my fish business!

kitty2234

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

It's this weekend!
    Is anyone going? Wha a great way to meet people in your area who share the same interest as well as feed your addiction!

5. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

I might go, its only an hour drive for me. We'll see how my car is doing when the time comes.

6. kitty2234 Member Member

Hi Everyone,

I will were a name tag - with both my name and my "kitty2234" name. This way everyone will know who I am!

kitty2234

7. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

Is this freshwater and saltwater or just fresh? Is there an entry fee or membership required?

8. kitty2234 Member Member

Hi Sharkdude,

In some of the past auctions, saltwater stuff has been brought. No guarentee on is there will be saltwater fish, but is fairly likely that some saltwater equipment might be there. FREE ADMISSION! No entry fee or membership is required!

There usually is a doorprize and a 50/50 auction, also. (The 50/50 will cost money).

My first download on this message didn't work. Download is down below in the next message.

9. kitty2234 Member Member

Erie Aquanium Society's
    Spring Auction
    Sunday, March 25th, 2012
    West Ridge Fire Halll; 3142 W 26th (Rt 20)
    Registration starts at 10:00. Auction begins at 11:00am
    You Do Not have to be a member to buy or sell at this Auction.
    All Auctioned Items MUST BE Aquatic Related.
    We will start with 10 table systern. After the First table, Express
    Bids are possible, for a fee of $2.00 per item. (This is incase someone has to leave early).
    Proper Fish bags Must Be Used! Double bagging is Encouraged.
    Rebagging is the responsibility of the seller.
    Clearly and properly label all iterns with the seller's ID, (Will be given at registration).
    species name, number of fish in bag and the sex (if known).
    70% of the sale price goes to the seller. 30% goes to the club.
    All sales are Cash Only and are FINAL - Buyer Beware!
    All items purchased are the buyer's responsibility.
    EAS Committee can refuse to sell things that do not meet standards.
    For more information please call: Russ Lasher 833-0946 or
    Chris Mitchell 899-8920 cawrcm@yahoo. com
    dogzinlove@yahoo.com (kitty2234 - ME)
    There will be Quality items and Good Prices!
    Entrance is the white door, in the back of the Hall.

Route 20
    Directions are on other side
    Erie Aquarium Society's
    Spring Auction
    Sunday, March 25th, 2012
    West Ridge Fire Hall; 3142 W 26tn (Rt 20)
    Erie, PA 16506 {1 block east of Hoss's restaurant}
    Registration starts at 10:00am.
    Auction begins at 11:00am
    Fish, Plants & Hard Goods,
    Directions: Take I 90 to I 79 North, then take I79
    North to exit 182 (Rt. 20), go west on 26th, (Rt 20);
    approx. 1.4 miles to the West Ridge Fire Hall.
    West Ridge Fire Hall (3142) is next to a Country Fair
    Express.
    If going East the West Ridge Fire Hall is One block East of Hoss',
    also on the North side of Rt. 20. Entrance is the white door on
    the back of the building, past the center. No parking
    near the building, East of the first door.

I managed to finally copy it for everyone.

kitty2234

10. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Did anyone go? How was it?
    Ccarol

11. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

Sorry, couldn't make it. Car was still in the shop...:(

12. kitty2234 Member Member

Hi Butterfly,

I went to the EAS auction! I ended up picking up a bonded pair of Rainbow cichlids (THEY just laid EGGS today!!) I also picked up 6 Red Point Hondurous cichlids, and 3 Jeweled cichlids.

The Jewels are preparing to spawn, but I do not know if I have a male. If I do have a male, I am not sure that he is old enough to produce. 2 of the Jewels are a nice shade of red and they have dropped their breeding tubes and are cleaning up a spawning area.

kitty2234

13. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Glad you got to go and enjoyed it :)
    I have Rainbow Cichlids ( Herotilapia multispinosa) also and really love them. The only complaint I have is they tend to chase the pleco in that tank off his veggies. They will also eat algae.

Nice buy on the others too :)
    Carol

14. kitty2234 Member Member

Hi Butterfly,

About 150 to 200 people showed up at the auction. It was standing room only for about 5 hours, since most of the seats were taken before 9AM.

About 900 items were sold. Many plants, cory cats, cichlids, equipment, about 20 - (10gallon tanks), some larger tanks, and even fish foods. Stryofom shipping boxes were selling for $1.00. I am always one of the last to leave, I don't want to miss anything.

Many people brought Black Moscow guppies to sell and some of them went for alot of money. One small bag went for $45 and another small bag went for $25. Many tank decorations and even some live coral was sold.

kitty2234

15. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Sounds like a good auction. Are you hooked ? ;)

Every auction I've been to Moscow guppies sell really well and for a good price. I had purple Moscows at one time and loved them.
    carol

16. kitty2234 Member Member

Hi Butterfly,

I love to go to any type of auction! Especially if you can bring money with you! *I am always hooked on auctions, just wish I had more money - everytime.

I am exceptionally poor, but I try to find at least $20 per month to buy fish or supplies. Most of the fish that I got from the auction, had to be very cheap. I spent the most money on some assassin snails and a fish tank; around $12 each. On the fish I usually was willing to go up to $3 or $4, per bag. I also bought some pleco logs and a pleco cave, really cheap - around $2 or less each. I even picked up 2 shipping containers for $1 each. I sold some albino cory cats and received around $2 each for them in credit. I even sold some glowlight tetras and some feeder fish. My sales came to around $23 for me for only 4 bags of fish! I wish I had more fish to sell, that everyone seems to want to buy.

At least my Jewel Cichlids and my Rainbows cichlids have laid their eggs. Hopefully, I might have some fry to sell at the fall auction.

kitty2234