Equivalent to vita-chem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

image_image

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is there anything I can get that would be the equivalent to vita-chem? I called a bunch of different stores (in TWO states!!) and the only store I could find that carried it only sold the saltwater kind. Before I order it, I was wondering if there was an equivalent to vita-chem that I could use that would have the same, or similar benefits.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I bought the saltwater version by mistake and was told by my LFS it was ok to use it. I did use it without a problem but there are a few things in one of them that isn't in the other so my next bottle will be for freshwater.
You can order it for a small price from
Carol

OP
I

image_image

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I bought the saltwater version by mistake and was told by my LFS it was ok to use it. I did use it without a problem but there are a few things in one of them that isn't in the other so my next bottle will be for freshwater.
You can order it for a small price from
Carol
Yeah, there's a couple more stores I can look before I decide to throw in the towel, this website is def. gonna be my last resort.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah, there's a couple more stores I can look before I decide to throw in the towel, this website is def. gonna be my last resort.
is a really good place to order fish supplies when you can't find them locally.

Goldwing_Don - my only concern would be oil and sugar in the baby vitamins.
Carol

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have to get my Vita-Chem online too. I could only get the marine formula as well, but it seems to work just as fabulously for fin growth! (I'm keeping an eye out for the freshwater stuff, but in the UK I can't be picky, I'm lucky if I find it full stop...)

OP
I

image_image

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have to get my Vita-Chem online too. I could only get the marine formula as well, but it seems to work just as fabulously for fin growth! (I'm keeping an eye out for the freshwater stuff, but in the UK I can't be picky, I'm lucky if I find it full stop...)
When I was calling around at least 3 places offered to order the freshwater kind (even if they didn't carry the product at all). Is there a LFS or pet store that can order it for you? Most of the ones that offered were small local stores. Maybe that's something you can ask when you're ready for a new bottle...?

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have been using fresh garlic and a multi vitamin (adult version) in all their foods and I dont see a difference in using the vita chem (also have to get it online) or the homeade foods...which is much cheaper and you can get a variety of things all together...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 74 67.3%

Top Bottom