Entering the Photo contests

BigBeardDaHuZi

I
Mike said:
To enter this contest you simply need to post a single photo per post in this thread and the most reactions/likes wins.

IMPORTANT - You can enter multiple photos but only one photo per post. Pictures must be taken by you. Pictures also need to be inserted into posts as attachments. Links to imgur or other sites won't work in the ranking calculations this add-on uses for some reason.

The thread will be closed at the end of the month and the winner announced. Winners get a $20 gift code for amazon.com, amazon.ca or amazon.co.uk, so only US, CA and UK residents should participate at this time.

Note: to make the image full size instead of a thumbnail image within the post, hit the edit button to edit the post and select "full image" on the attachment options.
Is it ok to participate if you don't want the giftcard? (Not a western resident) I don't imagine it will be an issue anyway

Sputnik

BigBeardDaHuZi said:
I
Is it ok to participate if you don't want the giftcard? (Not a western resident) I don't imagine it will be an issue anyway
I would try to start a conversation with Mike or one of the moderators about this- I don’t think we users know the answer. At any rate, we would love to see photos of your tanks, whether it is in the contest or elsewhere!

GlennO

Reckon they should dump the gift cards. Bit silly having a contest that only people from 3 countries can enter.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Well the majority of Fish lore members are from the US and Canada. So, that is probably why. But there are still some like you, double Dutch, and others.

StarGirl

I don't see why it would be a issue. Its a forum photo contest, If you ever won just tell Mike to give the card to second place.

BigBeardDaHuZi

Y
StarGirl said:
I don't see why it would be a issue. Its a forum photo contest, If you ever won just tell Mike to give the card to second place.
Yeah, pretty much that. I don't imagine I would ever win anyway, so it isn't really an issue. If I did, I'd be happy if it went to someone else. Mostly, I just want to join the fun

StarGirl

BigBeardDaHuZi said:
Y

Yeah, pretty much that. I don't imagine I would ever win anyway, so it isn't really an issue. If I did, I'd be happy if it went to someone else. Mostly, I just want to join the fun
Just do it then..... No harm no foul either way!

jdhef

Feeling pretty confident you are going to win...aren't you?

If you win, I'm sure you will not be required to accept the gift card. And even if you do have to take it and can't use it, just throw it away if you can't find someone who can use it.

StarGirl

jdhef said:

If you win, I'm sure you will not be required to accept the gift card. And even if you do have to take it and can't use it, just throw it away if you can't find someone who can use it.
Its not a actual gift card. Its a code to use on Amazon. You literally could give it to whoever you want.

BigBeardDaHuZi

jdhef said:

No, no. Not worried at all that I would win. There are much nicer tanks on here. I just don't want to break the rules.
I've had two minor infractions lately. Don't want to do a third.

StarGirl

BigBeardDaHuZi said:
No, no. Not worried at all that I would win. There are much nicer tanks on here. I just don't want to break the rules.
I've had two minor infractions lately. Don't want to do a third.
There are no rules about where you live.

GlennO

StarGirl said:
There are no rules about where you live.
I think OP is referring to this statement on the contest page:

"...only US, CA and UK residents should participate at this time".

StarGirl

GlennO said:
I think OP is referring to this statement on the contest page:

"...only US, CA and UK residents should participate at this time".
I looked at the other rules page not the actual contest page.....sorry! Well thats really no fun.

GlennO

StarGirl said:
I looked at the other rules page not the actual contest page.....sorry! Well thats really no fun.
Seems fine though, a Mod has confirmed that it's ok to enter.

smee82

You can enter and if the prize is a amazon code you might be able still use it and get stuff delivered to china. My missus has bought a few things from the us amazon site.

BigBeardDaHuZi

Well, thank you all I will post on the October thread then

jdhef

Good luck!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom