Enough Decor?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by wapooshe, Apr 24, 2017.

1. wapooshe

wapooshe Valued Member Member

I thought the tank looked a bit empty and thought about getting more decor, but I would prefer to see my fish as much as possible keeping low stress. WP_20170424_14_15_18_Pro.jpg

Also is this enough lighting... I couldn't afford to light my tank all the way. It's by a window sill so the right side gets some sunlight and the center is brightest.

2. betta12

betta12 New Member Member

If you are using live plants already then I would get a small carpeting plant to put on the front, other than that the tank looks beautiful! Any thoughts on what's going in it fish-wise?

3. OP
    OP
    wapooshe

i do not have any live plants, so any other decor suggestion? Also my stocking plan is:

2 Angelfish
    6 or more cardinal tetras
    2 German Blue Rams
    1 Clown Pleco

4. betta12

Wow, I love the way angels look. I would possibly look into an artificial carpet, I'm not quite sure. But I think something along those lines(artificial or not) would look pretty darn good

5. OP
    OP
    wapooshe

Alright thanks for the input! :)

6. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I would add more soft, fake (or live) plants for the fish to swim around and hide in.

7. betta12

No problem!

8. Neptune334

Neptune334 Valued Member Member

I would add a few plants around the sides and back, as well as a few small ones at the corners of the ship.

9. thisindianguy

thisindianguy New Member Member

Agreed with more plants and especially you have GBRs, they like heavily planted and hiding places as well !

10. itsayes

itsayes Valued Member Member

I vote for more cardinal tetras. Tank looks good! Something short (plants) in the foreground would look great.

11. OP
    OP
    wapooshe

thanks for the suggestions guys! Probably going to add some more large plants in the back and corners and short plants by the ship ends :D

12. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

Just have fun with it. When you get the fish you can decide later on to change it up.

13. OP
    OP
    wapooshe

yeah I'm really just concerned with the stress level for the fish, just wondering if enough places for them to hide :)

14. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

In addition to plants, move the ship off center so it looks less staged :)

15. OP
    OP
    wapooshe

like away from the center or like tilt the ships to make it look like it broke naturally?

16. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Move them either left or right, and then tilt them at different angles upward, so both!

17. OP
    OP
    wapooshe

nice i'll try and see how it looks!

18. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Mmm, what plants would you put in that gravel guys? I dont think the plants will die, but the roots will surely not be having fun.
    Anyways, the ships are cool, but I would add a lot of fake plants to the side, it will leave the center open for swimming.

19. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

There are lots of plants that would be fine in gravel

20. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

I would probably break the stems of my Ludwigias if I tried to plant them in there, but maybe I just suck at planting.
    Anubias and Java Fern would definitely work as they can be tied, but I wonder if plants like Amazon Swords or stem plants like Ludwigias would do well in there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice