Enough Agitation

Tumbleweed

Well Known
Reaction score
I have a 37 (us)gal. tank with the eclipse 3 hood with filter system. How would I find out if the filter is agitating the water enough, putting enough air into the water to keep the fish happy, or if I need to add an airpump with stone to my tank?

fishfanatic

Reaction score
If you have doubts buy a air pump and either a air stone or tube. The more air the better. I have large air tubes in all my tanks and my fish play in them all the time. My elaphant nose really likes swimming in the bubbles.

OP
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Well Known
Reaction score
fishfanatic said:
If you have doubts buy a air pump and either a air stone or tube. The more air the better. I have large air tubes in all my tanks and my fish play in them all the time. My elaphant nose really likes swimming in the bubbles.
I figured that you couldn't have too much air in the tank.  I will try that thanks. Any sugestions on the size of the pump to get?

fishfanatic

Reaction score
Your LFS should be able to help with that. I run my air tubes the full length of all my tanks.this is totally up to you.

fishfanatic

Reaction score
No problem. Just curious not pushy juust wondering about the pics of that dolphin fish.

New Threads