engineer goby missing/hiding since i got him

slipknotgrrl83
So here I go again with the whole worrying ordeal. I bought 2 engineer gobies over a week ago. Unfortunatly one of them got killed/eaten by my anemone. He got spooked when I was doing water change and basically swam right into anemone. Ever since then the other one buried himself and moved some sand to cover up the hole of one of the rock caves. Now I know that are known to do this but I haven't seen him since, not even at feeding time. I am scared he either died amongst the rock or may die from starvation. My question is, Is this normal behavior to never see them? I know he was probably traumatized from seeing friend get eaten but I'm concerned. The anemone I have is just temporary until I can find new home (he was given to me when my friends tank crashed, so he would stay alive/healthy)

slipknotgrrl83
ON another note my anemone was shriveled this morning, I tested parameters and nitrat was 15 which its normally 0. did emerg water change and cleaned filter. Also added carbon. lets hope he pulls through! uggg after water change nitrates are still at 10. anemone moved and is wide open even though lights have been off for 6 hours. help

slipknotgrrl83
Anyone?? nitrates still around 5 after wc and nem looks odd

Latest threads

Top Bottom