endlers

Discussion in 'Endlers Livebearers' started by wierdoinabowl3498, Jan 4, 2013.

1. wierdoinabowl3498Valued MemberMember

so i know a few of you have endlers and know a lot about them. there is a new pet store called crystal clear aquariums and they have a tank full of a bunch of juvenile endlers. i was kinda thinking of buying a few and breeding them. i have heard that they are an endangered species. what can you tell me about them? i will separate them in to a 20 gal. so they won't interbreed with the guppys or mollies. do you like them and would they be a good species to have?

2. RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Technically only pure endlers are an endangered species in the wild. They aren't endangered in the hobby :). They're pretty easy. Basically guppies but without the giant tails. They're really easy to take care of and are very forgiving with waterchanges and such. They breed quite well. They can cross with guppies and mollies :). I have some and I love them!

Before you buy some you should ask the store if they are pure endlers or guppy crosses. Guppy crosses are colorful and fun fish but aren't worth much. Most feeder fish are guppy/endler crosses.

3. wierdoinabowl3498Valued MemberMember

ok i will ask blake if they are pure or not. how big are they usually and whats the life span?

4. RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Around an inch. Females are larger than males. Life span is usually a year or so.

5. wierdoinabowl3498Valued MemberMember

thats not very big, thats a really short lifespan...

6. EthanWell Known MemberMember

an adult mayflys life span is anywhere from 30minutes to a day :)

7. wierdoinabowl3498Valued MemberMember

well its just that i'm used to keeping my mollies for about 3-4 years. my favorite male jasper is 3 and a half. it'll be odd to have a young fish for only a year.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  8. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

All the fry they produce will make up for their relatively short lives;)

9. wierdoinabowl3498Valued MemberMember

yeah i heard that they are very prolific breeders. about how many drops would they have in their short lives?

10. SevenEroValued MemberMember

I love endlers! they're very fun to have and watch! they're supposed to be easy to breed, but mine have made ONE baby in the 6 months I've had them. I'm getting ready to put them in a different tank to see if maybe that'll make a difference. other than that, they're super fun, cute little fish and easy to get addicted to. :)

11. RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Females drop once every three weeks or so. Fry number ranges from 5 to 30.

12. wierdoinabowl3498Valued MemberMember

awesome. my molllies drop every 40 days so i'll have to get used to having babies more often.

13. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

14. wierdoinabowl3498Valued MemberMember

beautiful tanks cichlidnut!

15. AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

that is a lot of Endlers in there. Are those chilis or blackbars?

16. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Top video are Chilies, bottom video are blackbars.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice