endlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wierdoinabowl3498

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
so i know a few of you have endlers and know a lot about them. there is a new pet store called crystal clear aquariums and they have a tank full of a bunch of juvenile endlers. i was kinda thinking of buying a few and breeding them. i have heard that they are an endangered species. what can you tell me about them? i will separate them in to a 20 gal. so they won't interbreed with the guppys or mollies. do you like them and would they be a good species to have?

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Technically only pure endlers are an endangered species in the wild. They aren't endangered in the hobby . They're pretty easy. Basically guppies but without the giant tails. They're really easy to take care of and are very forgiving with waterchanges and such. They breed quite well. They can cross with guppies and mollies . I have some and I love them!

Before you buy some you should ask the store if they are pure endlers or guppy crosses. Guppy crosses are colorful and fun fish but aren't worth much. Most feeder fish are guppy/endler crosses.

wierdoinabowl3498

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ok i will ask blake if they are pure or not. how big are they usually and whats the life span?

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Around an inch. Females are larger than males. Life span is usually a year or so.

wierdoinabowl3498

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
well its just that i'm used to keeping my mollies for about 3-4 years. my favorite male jasper is 3 and a half. it'll be odd to have a young fish for only a year.

Last edited:

SevenEro

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I love endlers! they're very fun to have and watch! they're supposed to be easy to breed, but mine have made ONE baby in the 6 months I've had them. I'm getting ready to put them in a different tank to see if maybe that'll make a difference. other than that, they're super fun, cute little fish and easy to get addicted to.

wierdoinabowl3498

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
awesome. my molllies drop every 40 days so i'll have to get used to having babies more often.

AmazonPassion

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
that is a lot of Endlers in there. Are those chilis or blackbars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 45 65.2%

Top Bottom