Endlers vs. Guppies in your area

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
I have quickly learned that different areas have different fish available. Around me endlers are unheard of. As of lately even guppies are hard to come by.

So I'm just wondering do you guys have good endlers near you? I really have started to realize how cool they are and I never considered them before since they aren't normally around here!

How is your guppy selection? Around me its impossible to find females (which is interesting)

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Guppies around here are very common, although they are not very quality strains. Endlers are what appear just to be black bar ones but they may be crossed with guppy blood. Endler females are not a thing here.

RuralGuppykeeper

I haven't shopped for fish for 3 years, but guppies were available 'locally'. There were plain red males and females, 'sunset' males and females with yellow and red round tails, light blue swordtail males (I bought the one light blue lyretail:D), dark blue or black male guppies, yellow leopard (flagtail?) male and female guppies. There were no Endlers. Since Walmart quit carrying live fish this year, my most local store for fish is about 1 hour and 15 mins away on mountain roads.

Sauceboat

Our local pet store is an hour away and they have loads of both male and female endlers as well as guppies but usually for fish I end up just going to Petsmart or Petco (2 hours of driving is typically too much unless looking for something very special) our Petsmart has only male endlers but both male and female guppies. The endlers look like the pure strains but knowing Petsmart they probably aren’t.

jkkgron2

Well Known
My LFS has male endlers and some very high quality black Moscow guppies along with large “breeder” females. They also sell a variety of regular guppies and other Livebearers

OP
e_watson09

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
I love to hear about what everyone has locally. I always find it interesting how big of a difference it is and some of us aren't actually that far away. Like for me I can find some cool male guppies but that's it.

emeraldking

Well Known
Overhere multiple stores are carrying different endler and endler hybrid strains. Bot males and females. But specific strains are mostly available through private breeders. Most found at the stores are black bar, snakeskin (cobra), tiger hybrids, blue star, red scarlet (chili endler), tuxedo (black flame) and red chest. And of course, the most common one of this series is the black bar endler. But again, there are way more pure endler and hybrid strains available than the ones mentioned overhere.
Most of these strains were provided in Holland by private breeders (like me). Some strains were going to the dutch wholesalers because I've arranged that a couple of years ago. Not directly but indirectly.

OP
e_watson09

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
emeraldking said:
Overhere multiple stores are carrying different endler and endler hybrid strains. Bot males and females. But specific strains are mostly available through private breeders. Most found at the stores are black bar, snakeskin (cobra), tiger hybrids, blue star, red scarlet (chili endler), tuxedo (black flame) and red chest. And of course, the most common one of this series is the black bar endler. But again, there are way more pure endler and hybrid strains available than the ones mentioned overhere.
Most of these strains were provided in Holland by private breeders (like me). Some strains were going to the dutch wholesalers because I've arranged that a couple of years ago. Not directly but indirectly.
I wish we had that many endlers around here! Once we get the fishroom going endlers are something I really want to get into

emeraldking

Well Known
e_watson09 said:
I wish we had that many endlers around here! Once we get the fishroom going endlers are something I really want to get into
I'm sure you'll enjoy it once they're swimming in your tanks.
Take a look overhere to see some varieties of endler species:

New Threads