Endlers started dropping fry!

COBettaCouple
The Endlers that we got in early November have started dropping fry, right on schedule. It's been about 4 weeks since the males colored up and tonight I spotted a little fry zipping around their tank. We found a total of 7, set them up in a 2.5g and they've been swimming around and nibbling on some crushed livebearer flakes. ;D;D;D I'll make them some baby food tom. and give them some crushed pea for breakfast.

mlinden84
Congratulations on the babies!!

(and you must have a great camera to actually get a clear picture of them!!)

0morrokh
Congrats, what cute fry! ;D Where'd you get your endlers?

TheEssigs
Woo-Hoo

I love these little guys, however they really are prolific breeders... which I found out in a hurry... I don't know what to do with all these babies.... its crazy!

Congrats and Best Wishes!

fordtrannyman
The Endlers that we got in early November have started dropping fry

That's so cool

Congrats!

Dino
Congrats!!!

COBettaCouple
Thanks, we picked up 3 males and 4 females in the auction the aquarium society had in november, they were sold as a lot. One of the males died for unknown reasons, but the rest are doing great and we have a bunch of tanks for raising the fry. (Part of why we had to move out the red fancy gups).

We just have an old 4mp Olympus but it still does a good job on pics.

Allie
Thanks, we picked up 3 males and 4 females in the auction the aquarium society had in november, they were sold as a lot. One of the males died for unknown reasons, but the rest are doing great and we have a bunch of tanks for raising the fry. (Part of why we had to move out the red fancy gups).

We just have an old 4mp Olympus but it still does a good job on pics.
Congrats on your babies!
My FujI fine pix is just a 4.0 mp too.

Tom
Just a couple of days short of Christmas, what a shame. lol Congrats.
Tom

COBettaCouple
I'd really love one of the new Sony α (alpha) DSLR-A700 + SAL-18200 (around $1,600), but I don't think I'll ever be good enough for Santa to drop one of those under the tree.

Allie
I'd really love one of the new Sony α (alpha) DSLR-A700 + SAL-18200 (around $1,600), but I don't think I'll ever be good enough for Santa to drop one of those under the tree.
I had to the chance to get one of those Cannon Rebels...the "sports" camera...but I didn't get it. I wish I had of now...could you imagine the shots I could get with that?

COBettaCouple
yea.. needs to teach the elves how to make DSLRs. :;z

mlinden84
I got my new digital camera for christmas, but haven't gotten a chance to mess with it much to see if I can get a picture of the dalmation molly fry. Hopefully it will!!

How are the babies doing?

COBettaCouple
I'd look enviously at the camera if I could see it. They're doing good. In fact, we got a Christmas present of 15 more today. 2 of the females dropped fry this afternoon. :;hb

I got my new digital camera for christmas, but haven't gotten a chance to mess with it much to see if I can get a picture of the dalmation molly fry. Hopefully it will!!
How are the babies doing?

Kevin
whats with the happy birthday smilie?
i'm pretty sure its christmas!
j/k
congrats on the new ones...and merry birthday?!?!

COBettaCouple
lol.. well it's their birthday.

Kevin
oh...I didnt know you could turn 0 yrs old

COBettaCouple
lol.. you can according to microsoft software.

oh...I didnt know you could turn 0 yrs old

0morrokh
lol.. you can according to microsoft software.

Can you turn -1 too?

COBettaCouple
lol.. fortunately, microsoft's software isn't that bad - I hope.
Can you turn -1 too?

Anyways, 22 endlers fry now. Sadly this time we did find a couple that were dead, looked like stillborns since they weren't eaten on or anything.

mlinden84
Congrats on the new babies!

0morrokh
Wow 22 fry already...I think the :;zs must have sent them to take over the world. ;D

COBettaCouple
But I want to take over the world! :'( They seem to average 7-8 fry and 1 more still has to drop her 1st batch.
Wow 22 fry already...I think the :;zs must have sent them to take over the world. ;D

janoue
I have an old 5 mp Sony. It still works good and stuff but I really really want to get myself one of the new cannons. Our Camera was 800 dollars when we bought it almost 5 years ago when our first daughter was born. I told my husband we were in desprate need for a new one. He was like "didn't we just get one when the baby was born". I was like "ya that baby is almost ready to start school now, its time you got me a new camera". Its so hard to keep up with the technology........spend too much money on my fish hobby

COBettaCouple
Isn't that the truth? Our 4mp Olympus was something like $500 when I got it in Sept. 2002 now I want a Sony Alpha model that can be bought with a lens for $1600.

slakey
congratulations on the Endler Fry. There's some at my LFS, I may end up getting some once my Guppies have gone >>> A long time I have about 34 fry? 3 females and 2 males.

Just recently put the males and most the fry in the 39gal... to help the cycle

mlinden84
just a little side question....
Guppies and Endlers can breed with each other, right?

COBettaCouple
They breed easily. Part of why pure-strain Endlers are harder to find.

Butterfly

They breed easily. Part of why pure-strain Endlers are harder to find.

Endler/Guppy crossbreeds are very pretty and colorful fish but since Endlers are no longer available in the wild we caution people to keep them in separate tanks. The ones you see at the LFS are most likely hybrids.
It's up to us hobbyist to keep Endlers pure.
Carol

mlinden84
I've never seen any in stores around here. But it's good to know about them being hybrids.

Leokiss
Ive just spotted my first ever fry! only probs is I can't see it now,too many places for it to hide which is probs a good thing as there is plenty of other fish that will eat it.I can't see any more but I think I still got 2 pregnant,maybe some have already been eaten I'm gunna have too find it,I gave a sterazin dose to tank 3hrs before will this harm fry?Ive got a QT tank it can go in.I'm scared if igo hunting for it I might drive it into the waiting jaws of a danio or tetra!

I guess I should move females to QT but one of them is main flickers,oh dilemha the fry (future n present) may just have to take there chances

COBettaCouple
The first step would be to put the other fish in a container filled with tank water that you can cover, then you can carefully take out the decorations and substrate to find the fry. Just put the decor and substrate in containers/buckets filled with tank water. This is also a good time to clean the tank before putting the stuff back in.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Firedove
Replies
Views
fishandle
Top Bottom