Endlers Or Fancy Guppies?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by neongirl, Apr 17, 2017.

1. n

neongirl Valued Member Member

I have a planted 40B (plus rocks and driftwood) with 10 neon tetras and a powder blue dwarf gourami. I'm trying to decide between endlers or guppies since I would really like to add some more fish to this tank. I just cannot decide! Based on everyone's experience with both of these which do you think would do best with the stock I already have? Thanks in advance!

2. Nauthes

Nauthes Valued Member Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but are endlers and guppies not the same?

3. OP
    OP
    n

neongirl Valued Member Member

I'm not 100% sure about that. I know they can breed and produce fertile offspring but I thought they were not supposed to be mixed just in case they breed. I'm not sure D:

4. Kiks

Kiks Well Known Member Member

Not exactly the same. They don't look the same in color, Endlers are smaller than Guppies and wild-caught, as far as I recall? I'm not completely sure. Endlers probably have a lower bio load as well.

Endlers and Guppies are not supposed to be mixed because Endlers are considered extinct.

I wanted to also add if you live in a city with water treatment you may also have access to their yearly water report. This will give you a really good idea of what is in your water and how much the levels fluctuate.

I believe nitrate is allowed to be as high as 10 ppm from your tap.

Sorry missed that "rain water" part.

Only thing I can think of that I've read about is this: Shake that bottle! (API Nitrate #2)

You may have nitrites but getting false measurements.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2017
  5. ashenwelt

ashenwelt Well Known Member Member

Not the same. Please do not mix. Hybrids are comon but I would only recommend keeping N-Class pure endlers... Conservation needs to be considered.

6. Bettanewb

Bettanewb Well Known Member Member

I have both endlers and guppies personality and activity wise they are about the same. But they are a different fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice