Endlers Livebearers Info Needed

1. Dat Kitty Initiate Member

Lokking for info on Endlers Livebearers. Minimum Tank size, Average length, Water Connditions, planted or not, breeding habits, general care, feeding, ect.

Would really appreciate any info you can give, Thanks.

2. oldsalt777 Well Known Member Member

Hello Dat...

These are essentially small Guppies. I keep Guppies in a minimum of a 20 gallon tank. The larger the tank, the better. The males are roughly an inch long, females larger like the other livebearers. Water conditions are the same for most tropical fish: Water temp roughly 76 to 78 degrees, definitely planted with an emphasis on floating plants like Hornwort, Anacharis (Common water weed), Water sprite, or Pennywort. Use florescent lighting, about 3 watts per gallon of tank volume. This is important if you want the Water sprite to be healthy. If the Water sprite is healthy, you have healthy water conditions for the fish. Females are mature at 8 weeks and males at 6. Females can drop fry every 25 days or so. Feed a balance of low phosphate flakes, freeze dried and frozen. When you see fry in the tank, feed a little more and a little more often. Well fed adults are much less likely to bother the fry.

There you have the basics.

Have fun!

Old

3. Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

The above post basically covered it all but I'd like to suggest keeping 2-3 females per 1 male so the harassment can be evenly distributed lol. My male endlers were relentless!

4. Five 97 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to fishlore!
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Minimum Tank Size: 20 gallons[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Care Level: Easy[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Temperament: Peaceful[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Water Conditions: 76-80° F, pH 5.5-8.0, ammonia 0ppm, nitrite 0ppm, nitrate 40ppm (but lower is better).[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Max. Size: 1"[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Color Form: Black, Green, Orange, Red[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Diet: Omnivore[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Compatibility: View Chart[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Origin: Aquacultured[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Family: Poeciliidae[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Source http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+1100+1584&pcatid=1584

5. Geoff Well Known Member Member

6. fisharegreat8962 Member Member

Hah, everyone here beat me to it.

Welcome to the forum!

The maximum size here is correct for males but incorrect for females, as males can reach 1 1/8 in max, whereas females can reach 3 in max and sometimes larger if you get really lucky, but that's very unlikely and very rare.

7. Five 97 Well Known Member Member

Males max at around 1" and females a little bigger around 1.25", are you sure you mean endlers? Imo, they can't reach 3".

8. fisharegreat8962 Member Member

DANG NAMMIT!

I was thinking of guppies, not endlers. SORRY BOUT THAT! ;D

Wishing you and your fishies the best!

9. Five 97 Well Known Member Member

That's what I thought.

10. MinhMai Member Member

If you get hybrids then the size categories and bioload are no longer valid. So make sure you're buying from a reputable breeder.

11. Dat Kitty Initiate Member

Would about 3 males, not breeding at all, be able to fit in a planted 5 gallon.

Will do

12. superbutterfly12 Well Known Member Member

I'd say 3 to 5 males could work