Endlers line breeding update a

chrislim

Hi there,

Would just like to share an update on my very first endler breeding project! Back in September 2020, I stumbled upon the little fella below which I suspect to be a cross between a Leopard endler and a Blue star endler.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 4.50.09 PM.png

This prompted me to try breeding my own strain of endler as he just seemed really unique and I couldn't find anything close to it in any of the fish stores I visited. Nearly half a year later, this is what it's come to.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 4.42.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 4.41.54 PM.png

This is the 3rd generation of fish if I am not mistaken. I am by no means a master fish breeder, but I've found this project to be really enjoyable and rewarding to see that they've actually come out similar to the fish that I intended to breed. Also, found it kind of interesting that his stripes turned into spots instead. Just thought to share this with everyone. Any tips and tricks are very much welcomed as well.

Have a good day and happy fish keeping!

Betta'sAnonymous

Those are some pretty fish! Glad to hear you are still enjoying this project!

emeraldking

chrislim said:
Hi there,

Would just like to share an update on my very first endler breeding project! Back in September 2020, I stumbled upon the little fella below which I suspect to be a cross between a Leopard endler and a Blue star endler.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 4.50.09 PM.png

This prompted me to try breeding my own strain of endler as he just seemed really unique and I couldn't find anything close to it in any of the fish stores I visited. Nearly half a year later, this is what it's come to.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 4.42.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 4.41.54 PM.png

This is the 3rd generation of fish if I am not mistaken. I am by no means a master fish breeder, but I've found this project to be really enjoyable and rewarding to see that they've actually come out similar to the fish that I intended to breed. Also, found it kind of interesting that his stripes turned into spots instead. Just thought to share this with everyone. Any tips and tricks are very much welcomed as well.

Have a good day and happy fish keeping!
Your thoughts of that it might be a result between a blue star x leopard endler is unfortunately incorrect. It's a cross between blue star x cobra endler. For the cobra endler can show both stripes and dots.
But it's interesting though how they've turned out... Well done!

ferg42995

Beautiful!

chrislim

emeraldking said:
Your thoughts of that it might be a result between a blue star x leopard endler is unfortunately incorrect. It's a cross between blue star x cobra endler. For the cobra endler can show both stripes and dots.
But it's interesting though how they've turned out... Well done!
Ahh thanks for the correction!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom