endlers in the filter!!!

fraserm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Heres my story on what went on this morning.

I woke up and went to look at them and the female was swimming around like normal only I could not find the male!!! I looked everywhere and then my dad told me to check the filter.. Uh oh I hate this part I look inside the filter nothing. But after further inspection there was the little guy swimming hard against the current. I scooped him out and now I don't no what to do? I have a 5 gallon that's perfect for them. But my Dad won't let me set it up cause i have to many tanks. any ideas? Wait good news He's letting me set it up in his room!!! I love life!!!!

Haha you should have seen the fish it was so funny I thought he was dead and then all of the sudden he starts swimming around and playing inside the filter. I set up the 5 gallon this morning and now I have to let it cycle. I hate waiting!!

FredBjammin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That reminds me of when I switch my community of fish from a 29 gallon tank to a 40 gallon tank. Found what I think was baby tetras (they didn't make it) in my undergravel tubes.

Was your guppy in a top filter? was the intake safty cap off?

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oh no!! Poor little guy, glad he's OK!

You can put some filter media from your current tank into your 5 gallon to help it cycle quicker (Obviously not all so you don't lose the cycle in your main tank!)

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I had baby endlers get sucked up by a filter not long ago, and when i took the filter apart they were jumping out all over my counter tops made me scream in shock They all survived just fine when they were scooped op and put back in the tank. We now have tights over the filter intake and all is safe.

betta freak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
lol hope hes ok

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads