Endlers aggressive towards Betta?

BettasAreSuperior

Hi guys I was wondering for my new planted 20 gallon long community tank will endlers fin nip or be aggressive towards bettas? Don't worry the betta will be non-agressive.

AcornTheBetta

bettaandcorylover said:
Hi guys I was wondering for my new planted 20 gallon long community tank will endlers fin nip or be aggressive towards bettas? Don't worry the betta will be non-agressive.
Is this a long fin betta or a short finned betta? Male endlers are generally nicer than females.

BettasAreSuperior

AcornTheBetta said:
Is this a long fin betta or a short finned betta? Male endlers are generally nicer than females.
lol to be honest I don't know what betta I am gonna get I will set up the community tank in the end of October. The tank size is a 20 gallon long the stocking is: ( I got approval from fishlore) If I get a female will the nipping be less sine the tail isn't so big like a male.

1 betta
4 endlers
6 albino cory
6 otocinclus.

AcornTheBetta

bettaandcorylover said:
lol to be honest I don't know what betta I am gonna get I will set up the community tank in the end of October. The tank size is a 20 gallon long the stocking is: ( I got approval from fishlore) If I get a female will the nipping be less sine the tail isn't so big like a male.

1 betta
4 endlers
6 albino cory
6 otocinclus.
Honestly, I would cut out the oto cats just because they may die off if they aren't but into a seasoned (different from cycled) tank. 4 males will make it so that the nipping is minimal. Other than that, the stocking looks good. You would sub a small tetra instead of the otos

kbn

AcornTheBetta said:
Honestly, I would cut out the oto cats just because they may die off if they aren't but into a seasoned (different from cycled) tank. 4 males will make it so that the nipping is minimal. Other than that, the stocking looks good. You would sub a small tetra instead of the otos
I think he wants the otocinclus as part of a clean up crew in which case tetras arent goung to help. The betta may hurt the shrimp, betta shrimp pairings have been successfully done many times but that depends on the personality of the fish so it wouldn't be worth keeping shrimp. If I were you, I would just go for the otocinclus, they just need good water quality and will survive in a new tank given that everything is proper. It's been done before many times. Bigger cleaning fish aren't really compatible with bettas.
And maybe a nerite would be nice

AcornTheBetta

kbn said:
I think he wants the otocinclus as part of a clean up crew in which case tetras arent goung to help. The betta may hurt the shrimp, betta shrimp pairings have been successfully done many times but that depends on the personality of the fish so it wouldn't be worth keeping shrimp. If I were you, I would just go for the otocinclus, they just need good water quality and will survive in a new tank given that everything is proper. It's been done before many times. Bigger cleaning fish aren't really compatible with bettas.
And maybe a nerite would be nice
Nerites are the BEST algae eater IMO. I would do:

BettasAreSuperior

Snails are creepy to me. Sorry, I just can't stand snails. (sorry to all the snail lovers out there) Also, I will be making sure the otocinclus are tank raised and have fat and happy bellies. Otocinclus are on my buicket list and now I can get them! Anyway, I have heard that 80 percent of neon tetras are fin nippers. here is a article I found. I mean I have heard of endlers being nippy? What do you guys think I should go with? I really don't want a fish that will be nippy at all like peaceful otocinlus and corydoras.

Are Neon Tetras fin nippers? The answer is certainly, YES! Even though they are delicate creatures, they are fond of chasing each other. They also chase different fishes that are in the same tank.

Yes, Neon Tetras are fin nippers in most of the cases. Even though they are delicate in nature, they are likely to chase each other. They also chase different fish fins that are in the same tank and nip the fins undoubtedly.

RomanNoodles96

bettaandcorylover said:
Snails are creepy to me. Sorry, I just can't stand snails. (sorry to all the snail lovers out there) Also, I will be making sure the otocinclus are tank raised and have fat and happy bellies. Otocinclus are on my buicket list and now I can get them! Anyway, I have heard that 80 percent of neon tetras are fin nippers. here is a article I found. I mean I have heard of endlers being nippy? What do you guys think I should go with? I really don't want a fish that will be nippy at all like peaceful otocinlus and corydoras.

Are Neon Tetras fin nippers? The answer is certainly, YES! Even though they are delicate creatures, they are fond of chasing each other. They also chase different fishes that are in the same tank.

Yes, Neon Tetras are fin nippers in most of the cases. Even though they are delicate in nature, they are likely to chase each other. They also chase different fish fins that are in the same tank and nip the fins undoubtedly.
When I had neon tetras they left my betta alone, but my betta was also a female with short fins. My actual normal sized guppies leave my betta be as well. I would really rethink the otos as people have tried keeping them fed and they still starve in new tanks, if you want to add them I would wait a couple months after you set up the tank.

BettasAreSuperior

So I was deciding between Harlquin rasbora, ember tetra, and endlers. Which one? Any suggestions? Also, yeah, I agree I think fuller betta fins are yummier. I'll get a betta with short fins. Anyway, I did a bunch of research on otocinclus and in the wild they eat aufwuchs in the wild. Repashy soilent green is made form that. So, how can they resist?! I will also leave my lights on 24/7 for a few days and grow a lot of algae and feed them blanched veggies too. I will also make sure they are tank raised. The reason I'm not adding them later.....with that I learned my lesson. Story time! I had 2 glofish in a 5 gallon ( I know terrible... I was inexperienced and didn't know and the pet store employee said it was fine!! UgH) and I wanted to add another because yeah why not!:banghead::banghead::( My tank was chaos! the blue was chasing the pink the pink chasing blue probably because they blue was invading the pink one's territory. lol anyway.) Like I said These otocinclus are my dream fish. My tank will be cycled I was test the parameters before i add any fish. I will add the betta last. The otocinclus are in good hands.

Top Bottom