Endler Hybrid...

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Made some pics of some of my random endler hybrids from my mutt tank.

Overhere a red black bar hybrid with an elongated bottomsword. I also do recognize a black pattern (straight line and than a hump) which shows that he's mixed with a staeck endler (just the monocles are missing overhere).
IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

If you cross a black bar endler to another kind of endler or to a guppy, The black bar mark shows up very dominant in the male offspring. Even if you'd cross them to large finned guppies, the first outcome will be large finned hybrids but with a black bar mark. But every next generation of such a crossbreed, it's almost a guarantee that some male offspring will develop that have the phenotype of a regular black bar. Which means also shorttailed with an sword pattern in the upper caudal finrays and lower finrays.

The next male is also interesting to see...
IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

I love the metallic olive green coloration on his body. The comma sign on his belly is a typical guppy trait (don't mix this up with the black bar mark)
IMG_2936.jpg

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
the lyretail is gorgeous!!!! wish you lived in the states so i could get some of your beautiful endlers. all of mine died from some disease

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
the lyretail is gorgeous!!!! wish you lived in the states so i could get some of your beautiful endlers. all of mine died from some disease
Well, despite of the fact that I'm across the ocean, you're still welcome though...
Sorry to hear that they've died...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom