Endler guppies with Sparkling gourami?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by BellatheBetta, Jul 3, 2016.

1. BellatheBetta

BellatheBetta Valued Member Member

I have managed to get hold of a 10 gallon from my cousin who had it lying around. Endlers and sparkling gouramis have caught my eye and i was wandering if i could keep them together in this tank when cycled with sand substrate, driftwood and some anubias? any advice is greatly appriciated.

2. Beeker

Beeker Well Known Member Member

Both are peaceful fish.
    The only problem I see is that they will be competing for the same area of the tank. Both are mid to top dwellers.
    If you want to give it a try, start with the male Endlers only, so you won't have a population explosion. After about 6 months, add a couple of the Sparkling Gouramis. You need a well established tank for Sparkling Gouramis to be able to make it and a lot of hiding places for them to feel comfortable. I know it seems like a long time, but if the tank isn't well established, they will die shortly after adding them.

3. s

superbutterfly12 Well Known Member Member

Yea they should be fine i had two sparkili bc gouramis with male guppies in my 36 gallon no issues. Ime both species used pretty much the whole tank guppies more likely to just hang out at top and gouramis more likely to hangout at the bottom.

4. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

I've never kept sparklers, but from what I remember reading about them, they're fairly shy little fish. I do keep endlers, and they are anything but shy. I think they'd be fine together. My only concern would be the sparklers being outcompeted for food. My endlers are pigs! My apistos have learned to come right up to the surface at feeding time as the endlers don't let much drop to the lower levels of the tank. Just be sure your sparklers are getting some food and it'll be a nice tank :)

5. OP
    OP
    BellatheBetta

BellatheBetta Valued Member Member

Thanks for everyone's help. I will get the endlers next weekend and the sparklers 4/5 days after that. I have just read up on feeding the sparklers and will make sure they get enough. Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice