Empty 29G: sell it or keep it?

1. Heather12404 Member Member

So since I just upgraded my 29G to my new 60G I now have an empty 29G. I don't know if I should sell it or keep it. If I some how convince my husband to let me keep it.....what do you think I should stock it with?

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Keep it! It doesn't have to have fish in it (right now, anyway :;nin2). You never know when you're going to have a fishy emergency and need and extra tank!

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Keep it, IMO.

It'll work great as an "extra" tank or you can stock it later if you'd like:;toast

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Keep it just in case you have to move someone.
    You'll find that even fish that are supposed to ge along don't always follow the rules. :)

5. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I had my spare 29 for a year then sold on craigslist. The 55g is my main focus now.

6. Borisbbadd Guest

If you have room for it, I would keep it.

7. markah1 Member Member

Keep it. You'll most likely regret it if you give it up!

8. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

Keep it!

9. bowcrazy Well Known Member Member

I think there is an unwritten law against selling your tanks! I know if you sell it you will wish you hadn’t in just a short bit. Seems like every time I upgrade a tank and think I have an extra one I end up needing it for something. I personally would keep it for at least a few months.

10. Heather12404 Member Member

All of your posts got me thinking. What if (heaven forbid) my new 60G gets a leak or something and I need to move all of my fish? If I have this empty tank that would be a very good thing. So I think I'll be keeping my 29G for a while. Thank you all for helping me make that decision.

11. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

I love the irony of asking a bunch of people suffering (enjoying) MTS what to do with an empty tank?

The simple answer is - fill it up so it's not empty. That way you don't have to worry about having an empty tank lying around :;laughing

12. cameronpalte Member Member

Agreed. It can prove useful even if you don't stock it, if your fish in your 60g get sick you can transfer it there for example. Always keep it.