• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What should I do with this empty 29g I have sitting in my garage? I really have no idea so anything suggested is acceptable. I want to turn it into something other than an aquarium though.

Gourami36

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What should I do with this empty 29g I have sitting in my garage? I really have no idea so anything suggested is acceptable. I want to turn it into something other than an aquarium though.
Hamster is possible in a 29 g if you get a dwarf. Turtle isn’t possible. Maybe you could try growing terrestrial plants underwater but I don’t think you need that big of a tank to do it.

Nataku

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
29 gallon has enough height you could make a paludarium if you wanted. Basically thebup 1/2 to 1/3 of the tank has a land section which can also be planted. Could keep salamanders or dart frogs and some smaller schooling fish in the water section like tetras.

Gourami36

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Technically Syrian, but dwarfs appreciate the extra space. I personally wouldn’t keep either in anything less than a 40
I had a teacher who kept a hamster in a 10 g and put the cage outside when it was 80 something degrees. She also never changed the bedding and kept the hamster in a very loud classroom. That teacher was good but she knew nothing about pet care.

PeachTheHamster

Valued Member
Reaction score
I had a teacher who kept a hamster in a 10 g and put the cage outside when it was 80 something degrees. She also never changed the bedding and kept the hamster in a very loud classroom. That teacher was good but she knew nothing about pet care.
this is why I don’t support classroom pets. Even fish, I’ve heard way too many horror stories.

Gourami36

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
this is why I don’t support classroom pets. Even fish, I’ve heard way too many horror stories.
I also had a teacher who put 2 bettas in a 5 g tank with a divider. I don’t know if she did water changes or cycled the tank but the bettas ended surviving the whole school year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 76 66.7%

Top Bottom